RIP Junior Seau

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Wow the Saint's bounty program took this a bit too far.

Honestly, I say RIP for those who do kill themselves because they obviously had no peace in their lives if they felt that suicide was the only way out, and I hope that those individuals are finally at peace now. I feel for the struggle they must've been dealing with.

HOWEVER, as an above poster said, I do feel that it's very selfish. I can't imagine what it feels like to think you have no other way out of your pain, and I can almost see how a person with that much mental struggle would think "they'd be better off without me" but ultimately you leave so many people scarred by suicide that I think it's selfish.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Wow the Saint's bounty program took this a bit too far.

lmao.

You don't say RIP or feel for those who kill themselves. At least, I don't.

You could be right, except he must have been suffering to have done what he did. So I do wish him RIP. Otherwords I do wish him to find peace as well as his family.
  • Patty_Petz
    Patty_Petz Posts: 91
    Options
    :cry:
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    RIP Junior. Thank you for your class on the field wherever you played, but especially for your time in Miami.

From a UK Fins fan.

For those more in the know than me - is there a precedent for posthumous induction into the Hall?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    On of the greatest ever
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Damn this sucks, loved watching him on the Patriots. Even though it was closer to the end of his career he still had more energy then most of the young guys. I definitely think something was up from all of the hits he took, and he is the second player to commit suicide recently by gun shot to the chest, some think that this happened last time because the player wanted them to be able to study his head trauma from throughout the years.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    sad day for our city :(
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I'm weeping from just seeing his mother on the news, sooooo sad...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :sad: very sad news.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    For those more in the know than me - is there a precedent for posthumous induction into the Hall?
    https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=pro+football+hall+of+fame+posthumous
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    According to a North County Times report, Junior Seau is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.

Didn't he have a lot of concussions? A lot of these NFL folks who have been killing themselves have been doing so in a way to preserve their brains.

Ok...weird questions, but if I was getting ready to off myself, I think the last thing on my mind would be "oh...let me make sure to keep my brain intact for everyone!" I don't get that....
  • lvnnlfe
    lvnnlfe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am just stunned. So sad.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Absolutely heartbreaking. He was such a great asset to the Patriots... And I'll never forget how sick to my stomach I got when I saw him break his arm on live TV back in 2006 (I think it was?).

So sad, my thoughts are with his family.
  • boltsfan704
    boltsfan704 Posts: 30
    Options
    My screen name says it all. Loved watching him play during the 90's. Met him a few times at his restaurant in San Diego. Very sad indeed. News says that his non-profit foundation was under investigation.
  • Bradysgirl214
    Bradysgirl214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Breaks my heart :( sad to hear that he is gone! Loved him on the Patriots. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    Sad day indeed, I was balling myself listening to his mother's press conference. My heart goes out to his entire friends and family.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I say RIP for those who do kill themselves because they obviously had no peace in their lives if they felt that suicide was the only way out, and I hope that those individuals are finally at peace now. I feel for the struggle they must've been dealing with.

HOWEVER, as an above poster said, I do feel that it's very selfish. I can't imagine what it feels like to think you have no other way out of your pain, and I can almost see how a person with that much mental struggle would think "they'd be better off without me" but ultimately you leave so many people scarred by suicide that I think it's selfish.

Agreed. How desperately miserable does one have to be to take their own life? I never understood it before I started dealing with anxiety/panic attacks. When it got bad, there were times I hoped I wouldn't wake up, just so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I never considered suicide, but I finally got why someone would.
  • RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    wow..just..wow...shocking!
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    Damn, this sux. RIP Seau.