My clothes don't fit!

Options
13»

Replies

• jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love Goodwill and looking around on Ebay...You can find new or gently used clothes at both places for relatively cheap prices! I also shop to clearance racks A LOT! WTG and keep up the good work!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 42 lbs. so far and am finding that all of my clothes are just hanging off of me, especially my pants! This is bittersweet, because I am beyond excited that I can really see the difference in my weight loss because everything I wear is too big. However, I look horrible wearing baggy clothes, AND I am hiding the fact that I have lost weight under these tents I'm wearing. My favorite thing to wear now is exercise clothes because it's when I can tell a difference in my shape and figure. Ugh, it's just frustrating to be wearing baggy clothes all the time. I don't want to buy new clothes because I plan on losing more and more weight and don't want to buy anything new that will just be too big as well. I also don't want to spend much money on buying new clothes quite yet. Wearing belts don't help either. Any suggestions out there of what to do? Anyone else gone through this too and have any tips??

Go to Goodwill. I always find name brand clothes that look barely worn. Anything to hold you over until you get to your goal and get a brand new wardrobe.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Oh and then sell your big clothes on EBAY and make a few bucks
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oh wow you sound exactly like me! i have lost 60lbs and am still going for my goal of losing 25 more. when my coworkers,family, and fiance all started to make comments on how my clothes were looking to big i knew i too had a problem. it was good that i had lost the weight but unfortunately my weight loss happened at a time that my pockets weren't able to accomadate the change. i suggest going to stores where the prices are a little cheaper (of course quality will also be compromised) but for the time being it will at least get you out of the "tents" and into something a little more figure flattering. as you loose more weight take those things to a shop like platos closet where they buy your clothes and give you cash and use that money for new threads.

congrats on the weight loss and keep it up!
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know this, even if I am far away from my goal. I bought new bras first. I used to wear 42 E, and now I had to buy 38F. They make a huge difference. Even my baggy tops are much better now.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, Ebay and consignment stores are an option. If you have friends or family that's losing weight, you can do a clothes swap with them. I understand not wanting to buy a bunch of new clothes but you may have to get a few wardrobe staple pieces. Hopefully, you can get them for cheap.
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. And right now I am between sizes so nothing fits correctly. Baggy and saggy! Lol. :laugh:
    Definitely try Ross, TJMaxx, Marshall's or eBay. Anything to hold you over until you reach your goal weight.

Congrats on the progress too!:bigsmile:
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Kind MFP whoill give you theres for a small donation and pay for postage you could get a bundle or 2 if you live near someone?
    I have lots of smaller clothes yoyo isnt great but Im glad I kept them as moneys tight.
    Well done x
  • griffidj
    griffidj Posts: 6
    Options
    You could always get yourself a brand new Primarni Outfit.

And on the plus side, get your old clothes on Ebay and make a bit as well, I have done quite well out of this. Just noticed someone else has alreayd posted this suggestion but am going to leave it on anyway.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just buy a few cheap things every month or two weeks. I hit up Kohl's, Target, and resale shops. I refuse to look like crap until I reach my goal. I wanna feel good about how I look. No way am I punishing myself for all the progress I have made. I actually enjoy clothes shopping now. I think you should let yourself get a few things.