Other Exercises With 30DS?

Options
Hi All! I have only been doing 30DS for the past 3 days. Should we exercise more than just doing 30DS in a day? I feel like it's an intense workout but when I log it says I only burned 140 calories.

Is anyone else doing multiple exercises per day along with 30DS?? Or should this count as the only workout in a day?

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether you feel this is enough for you or not. You could do stuff in addition to 30DS if you feel up to it. On the day that I do RI30 (similar to 30DS), I do an extra 15 minutes of core work. I don't get enough out of RI30 because pretty much everything else I do is longer and more challenging.
  • Paige200
    Paige200 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've done it but I also did extra cardio with it. Its a great workout but I think you could always add more......Only 140? do you have a HRM?
  • TakaraO
    TakaraO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Like Dnice32 said, you might want to keep track of your heart rate and calulate your calorie burn that way. MFP calories burned does not seem accurate to me at all so I adjust it according to my average heart rate and duration of workout.
  • 2befit2
    2befit2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I add 30DS with my p90 workout, currently on level 2 on 30ds and p90 master series...
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm intending on doing the 30ds along with my other DVD's saying that it depends on how I feel after starting 30ds after reading other comments about this saying how sore people feel after!
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been adding extra cardio a few days a week I feel like the DVD alone isn't enough.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heartrate monitor, but I've been logging mine as 200 calories. I'm way too wiped after to even consider doing anything else. :D

Either my metabolism is higher than MFP suggests, or I am burning more with my workouts, because I am losing faster than it says I should.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heartrate monitor, but I've been logging mine as 200 calories. I'm way too wiped after to even consider doing anything else. :D

Either my metabolism is higher than MFP suggests, or I am burning more with my workouts, because I am losing faster than it says I should.

I log 30DS as 200 calories also. In addition, I usually walk during my morning and afternoon breaks at work so that adds 40 min of walking at 3mph pace. I'm also losing faster than MFP says I should. I don't consider myself to be working out excessive (compared to many on this site my daily workout is minimal) and I'm certainly not starving myself usually between 1300-1500 calories a day.

Given the above experience and mine I would come to the conclusion that 30DS can stand alone or be couple with minimal exercise and still get results. Everyone is different though so finding what is working for you is the key.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I have only been doing 30DS for the past 3 days. Should we exercise more than just doing 30DS in a day? I feel like it's an intense workout but when I log it says I only burned 140 calories.

Is anyone else doing multiple exercises per day along with 30DS?? Or should this count as the only workout in a day?

Is that logging HRM based or MFP based? MFP runs under for me, I burn at least 200+ in a 30DS lev 1...The DB here tells me I only burn 170 or so. So for a more accurate burn do get a HRM..also if you feel its not enough there is no reason you couldn't do something else (like maybe one of her others (ripped, 6 wk 6 Pack, killer buns) or you could double up on the 30DS do 1 and 2 together or 2 and 3. Or even something else entirely like weights, but if you are doing the program 5 days a week I believe it is supposed to be enough to see results!

Meg
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

Is that logging HRM based or MFP based? MFP runs under for me, I burn at least 200+ in a 30DS lev 1...The DB here tells me I only burn 170 or so. So for a more accurate burn do get a HRM..also if you feel its not enough there is no reason you couldn't do something else (like maybe one of her others (ripped, 6 wk 6 Pack, killer buns) or you could double up on the 30DS do 1 and 2 together or 2 and 3. Or even something else entirely like weights, but if you are doing the program 5 days a week I believe it is supposed to be enough to see results!

Meg

That is what MFP is saying. I'm sure I'm burning more than that though. I'm going to look into buying a heart rate monitor to keep better track, but for now I'm just going with what MFP says.

I have 2 other DVDs of hers, I just feel so tired after I do 30DS!! I only have a short amount of time to work out in a day, which is why I chose 30DS in the first place because it's only a 20 min workout. I'm going to try to do more on the weekends since I have more time.

I am on day 4 but I do plan to do the workout everyday or at least 5 days a week.
  • Pigpug100
    Pigpug100 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm on day 30 (yeah!!!) of 30DS. I used a heart rate monitor and for level 3 I'm burning 270 calories for that workout. Anyway, back to your question, during this time I have also been doing Zumba on M, W and F. Yes, I do get tired on the Zumba days but I don't want to give up Zumba and feel like I'm getting an extra boost from the 30DS. Good luck to you!