Insanity Work Out - Worth the Money?

Options
Hi Everyone! My husband and I have been seeing more and more info-mericials on TV for the Insanity work-out program. Obviously with summer just around the corner, that helps explain the influx, but we are curious about the program... Is it work the money? Thanks in advance for your input! :wink:

Replies

• fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    waiting for mine, will let you know
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I just bought mine and I'll be receiving it in the mail. I've researched this A LOT! From what I have gathered, it may not give you the muscle tone that P90x can, but it will burn the fat big time.

I'm a runner and will be starting Insanity May 20th. I'm hoping that it will help with my running when I pick it back up after I'm done with the program. I really look forward to it kicking my butt and losing those few more pounds I want gone. I plan to still do weights though (if I'm not too sore!!!!)
  • cmsalazar52
    Options
    Hi, I think if you get it you must committ to it. My daughter begged for it. Got it for her and does it once in a blue moon. I think if you are going to spend your money actually find something that will not be put away after a week. I tried it once and it is very high impact, which I can't do right now. But it was fun for the one time. Hope this helps alittle.:smile:
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Good point, gotta be committed. I'm a committed fitness fanatic so I'm 99% sure that I will stay committed to it through the whole thing.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my son has had his for three weeks and he loves it. I can def tell a difference in his physique, he is starting to get abs, etc. Although to fair I should say he has been doing both videos included everyday except his rest day. (the regular workout video, starts at 45 min then goes to 60 mins, PLUS the 20 min extreme video)
  • fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    from what I have researched it is pretty intense workout and if you gonna be committed, i am sure you will see good results, i am a runner too and will continue running while doing the program
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yes...if you do it religiously....
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! It is just that INSANITY! Worth every penny!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 4, and it is an intense workout. Definitely worth the money if you're going to commit to it.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on mine to arrive and I can't wait!!
  • bvandolah
    bvandolah Posts: 9
    Options
    Definitely worth the money!!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am into my second week. I am a fitness fanatic who loves to work out. This program is definitely a commitment and worth the money. It works you hard and is completely insane! Loving it.
  • kbitikofer
    kbitikofer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    if you like feeling like you're going to vomit from your workout, then yes. lol. It's actually really fun, it's just crazy intense.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's very intense and not for someone who's out of shape but if you work out regularly it will do wonderful things for your body. We use it at command PT sometimes (I'm in the military) and our fitness leaders love it. It will absolutely challenge you no matter how good of shape you are in.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes.... but don't bother if you have sensitive joints or knee/foot problems as it is EXTREMELY high impact.

If you don't, then go for it. It's tough but effective.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's worth every penny IMO.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'd say its well worth it, if you use it and follow it. I'd say its a total waste of money if its sits on the DVD rack gathering dust.

Which will it be?
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love Insanity. If you stick to it and eat properly, then yes!

I lost my first 14 lbs on it.
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hope for the best and plan for the worst, I guess!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I watched this infomercial in awe last night.. Ialmost purchased it myself, but I want reviews from people that have the same body structue as me first.