Lose 10 pounds in May

Options

Replies

• dorktaped
    dorktaped Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    CW: 178
    GW: 168

I start working full time this month in a warehouse so I'll be moving a lot more than I do now as a student. The next two weeks I'll be visiting family so I'll be out of my normal routine but I plan to be running in the mornings. I really need help getting my butt in gear and I think this is a good way to push myself. I also do some strength training and yoga. The running is new though.
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    CW: 127
    GW: 117

I want to finally reach my pre-pregnancy weight! I'm currently running 1.3 miles 4 days a week, and doing pilates or kickboxing, 30 minutes, 4 days a week. I want to increase my running distance to 2 miles, 5 days a week. I will focus more on eating more fruits and vegetables instead of bread and dairy. Excited to see results! Fingers crossed!
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just burned 1200 calories doing 18 miles on the road bike in 84 minutes. Now it is time to eat back those calories.
  • rendymc
    rendymc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CW: 160
    GW: 150

I teach 6 Zumba classes per week. Attend Abs/Strength class on MWF when schedule allows.

I need to watch my food intake! And alcoholic beverages!!!!
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    CW: floating around 170
    GW: 160
    What would you do? : I'm counting calories again because I stopped for a while, and I'm going to add strength training to my routine and shake things up a little. Also, holding myself accountable to actually work out 5 days a week and not slack off like I always do!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    CW: 125.8
    GW: 119

Let's do this! This is my first time joining a group.
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    CW: 124
    GW: 114

Increase water intake; gym 5x per week; lay off Mexican and Italian foods for a few weeks.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CW:154
    GW: 144

Running as much as I can, doing the 1000 squats in 20 days challenge, drinking way more water, taking more time to hit the gym instead of just the 40 minutes or so.
  • jenlebel
    jenlebel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CW: 189
    GW: 179

Continue to eat clean, work out 6 days/wk and walk to my destinations when I can!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    CW: 196.0
    GW: 186.0

By doing: walking and the gym, and keep within my calories. :)
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    CW: 134
    GW: 125

Eat healthier and continue pushing myself to work out even if I'm tired
  • brittanyjl1015
    Options
    Im in! I really need a push, I totally let myself go in april gaining and losing weight. I need to get back on track. I will up my healthy eating habits and up my exercise.

CW: 147
    GW: 137
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've never joined in on anything like this but I was thinking this morning that I need an aggressive goal to get me over this damn plateau.

I HAVE to shed 10 pounds in May

CW: 160
    GW: 150

I'm going to make sure to count every calorie.
    I'm going to Zumba 2x a week at the Gym.
    I'm going to do wii Zumba 3 days a week at home.
    I'm going to cut back on drinking.
    I'm going to EAT NO CHIPS IN MAY!
    NONE!
    not one.
    phew... that one hurt.

Thanks in advance for the motivation!

10311887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    CW: 182
    GW: 172
    I will be eating less carbs and training for the July 4th 10K
  • psaini
    psaini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to try as I am having hard time losing those last 10 lbs...........
  • spgipson
    spgipson Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm IN!!

It's getting hot here already so I hope I can start swimming or doing water aerobics. I have already started having to walk in the morning...when it's cooler. Gotta love the deep south!!

Fresh fruit......hopefully watermelon's will be coming soon! Great way to get some extra water and it's filling!!

Have finals for the next ten days anyway...so that will keep me focused!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I find joining these "Lose 10 pounds" threads really motivating! I lost 9 last month, which made me happy.

SW: 240
    CW: 210
    GW for the month: 200 (I'd LOVE to hit 199, but that's pretty aggressive)

I'm planning to keep up with my current cardio and strength training, and add C25K, starting with at least one week of just walking to get into the habit (starting tonight!). I'm also cutting out fast food for the month, for an extra kick to my nutrition, so I feel okay shooting for something aggressive.
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Running out the door, Bump for later...Olive.x
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    CW: 165
    GW: 155

How will I do it? Well, controlling myself and not let my "cheat" day turn into a cheat weekend is a start. I'm also going to workout every day, M-F. My weeks always start off good, then go terribly, horribly wrong...
  • Tvandevoir27
    Options
    I'm in! My first time joining a challenge and I'm a little nervous because I generally lose pounds at a slow pace, but what's the worst that happens by trying?

CW: 177
    GW: 167

Need to get back to the gym!! Spin and Crossfit a couple times a week and I'd like to try and be more active on the weekends. When my kids sports aren't consuming all of my time that is :ohwell: