Halloween Chlg - Day 15: Oct 30 check in

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Only 1 more day to go before our Halloween Challenge is complete! GREAT JOB to those that took on the challenge and did their best to fulfill it!

Last night I got out the Biggest Loser Workout DVD that I checked out from the library again (I really need to just buy this one) and did the 5 minute warm-up, 25 minute low-intensity cardio, & 10 minute cool-down. I'm going to *try* to do their 6 week fitness plan with some bike riding mixed in for good measure. Wish me luck! So, today I need to do the warm-up and cool-down in addition to the strength & sculpt workout. Then, as I always do, I'll ride my bike during some of the Biggest Loser episode tonight.

For our next challenge I think we will piggy-back on Melanie's challenge over on the Motivation & Support Board where you set your own fitness goals to reach through Thanksgiving. I said I'd do at least 30 minutes of cardio 4 x per week and some sort of strength & toning 3 x per week. I'm not sure how she's planning on doing check ins but if she doesn't do a daily check in (which is vital for my success) then I will do a fitness check in here.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Only 1 more day to go before our Halloween Challenge is complete! GREAT JOB to those that took on the challenge and did their best to fulfill it!

Last night I got out the Biggest Loser Workout DVD that I checked out from the library again (I really need to just buy this one) and did the 5 minute warm-up, 25 minute low-intensity cardio, & 10 minute cool-down. I'm going to *try* to do their 6 week fitness plan with some bike riding mixed in for good measure. Wish me luck! So, today I need to do the warm-up and cool-down in addition to the strength & sculpt workout. Then, as I always do, I'll ride my bike during some of the Biggest Loser episode tonight.

For our next challenge I think we will piggy-back on Melanie's challenge over on the Motivation & Support Board where you set your own fitness goals to reach through Thanksgiving. I said I'd do at least 30 minutes of cardio 4 x per week and some sort of strength & toning 3 x per week. I'm not sure how she's planning on doing check ins but if she doesn't do a daily check in (which is vital for my success) then I will do a fitness check in here.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of brisk walking in the beautiful autumn air of Vermont with a friend.:flowerforyou: I will post on Melanie's for the rest. See ya there.:smile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Niccole, I LOVE that you always start a new log each day. It keeps me accountable. I am up for checking in on the other one, as well... but if you were thinking about keeping this one going, I'm all for it too! :smile:

This morning I did a 60 minute boot camp and then 35 minutes on the stair climber that looks like an escalator. UGH! That thing is a BEAST! It said I only burned 300 calories, and I swear I felt like I burned 10 million.

Do you think those calorie counters on the machines are pretty accurate?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the calorie counters on those machines are notoriously inaccurate...I used to call that the "stairway from hell", so I'm more than a little impressed with your 35 minutes on it, especially plus the boot camp.

It was my light day today, a belly dance class and a forty minute walk.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Viviakay! It is most definitely the stairway from hell! :laugh:

I've heard great things about belly dancing! It must a killer ab workout!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at a desk all day, :yawn: but managed to squeeze in 10 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the elliptical tonight. Not quite 30, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.