I never reach my 1200 calories but I’m not hungry.

Options
I’m supposed to have 1200 calories per day but I usually have calories leftover and I am not hungry... I can’t force yourself to get to that 1200 of course. The days I workout I’m less hungry and I earned those extra calories…

So far I’ve only lost 6 pounds and been on a healthy diet and doing exercise for almost two months. I go to the gym 4 times a week usually.
This happens since day 1 but maybe my metabolism is slowing down?
Should I get some more exercise or eat more to cheat my body and re start things?
I don’t want to go to starvation mode or real a plateau.

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1600 and 1900 calories a day

Drop the low fat and diet crap and eat real food. Full fat yogurt, nut, avocados, have one treat a day
  • sarahdee2007
    sarahdee2007 Posts: 257
    Options
    Eat more! Eat back your exercise calories!

Just don't eat all junk! Stay within your macros
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Drop the low fat and diet crap and eat real food. Full fat yogurt, nut, avocados, have one treat a day

Where, from that, did you get that she is eating low fat and diet food. Why so quick to judge?

She very easily could be eating fresh lean meats, fruits and veggies and staying under her calories.

That being said, try eating more calorie dense foods. You really should be eating more than 1200 calories a day if you're working out.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to apologize for the people who clearly did not understand your question and attacked your diet.

Peanut butter, olive oil, whole yogurt, and lean meats are a good way to get in calories. Mix peanut butter in anything really, add olive oil to cooked dishes, eat yogurt with fruits or chocolate, ect. You should lose more if you meet your 1200 a day, and always eat back burned calories.
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Where, from that, did you get that she is eating low fat and diet food. Why so quick to judge?

She very easily could be eating fresh lean meats, fruits and veggies and staying under her calories.

That being said, try eating more calorie dense foods. You really should be eating more than 1200 calories a day if you're working out.
    I am not judging I am saying. Her diary is closed so it is hard to judge.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    >I am not judging I am saying. Her diary is closed so it is hard to judge.

Her diary is closed so you have no idea what she is eating, and on top of that you tell her to eat calorie dense foods, but offer no suggestions whatsoever.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    For best results, open your diary.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Her diary is closed so you have no idea what she is eating, and on top of that you tell her to eat calorie dense foods, but offer no suggestions whatsoever.

She said full fat yogurt, etc....
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem as you do. I have hit a plateau and can't get my body restarted. I am not eatin a bunch of diet or junk foods. I'm just not hungry.
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Not worth it
  • robynelizabeth1234
    Options
    Adding nutrient dense foods to your meals can add calories and lots of vitamins and minerals.

Nuts and seeds and avocado are good options. Sunflower and pumpkin seeds, along with walnuts and almonds.

--> Good fats and they add texture and taste to foods like salads and oatmeal :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

Whoa...the person you are responding to DID offer specific suggestions. The one AFTER her was the one who suggested calorie dense foods without any specifics. Before you start griping about the suggestions OP receives, get your facts straight.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    well, just like people (like me.. hah) have to push themselves to eat less calories, you have to push yourself to reach your limit! but never make yourself uncomfortable, of course. i suggest eating things like avocados, yams, potatoes, nuts - all things that are full of a ton of good-for-you calories!
  • iamnotashley
    iamnotashley Posts: 26 Member
    Options

LOL, idk why everyone's baggin' on you. It might have said it a little weird, but it's a really good suggestion, actually. The OP says they've been eating healthy stuff, so one can assume that things are sugar free, non-fat, low-fat. This is a good suggestion regardless.
  • llmichalek
    llmichalek Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi. I just started a few days ago and everyone is telling me I have been seriously under eating and have totally screwed up my metabolism. I am trying to net 1440/day and I am lightly to very active. Sooo...today I ate what felt like nonstop ALL day and then I just had a run and a walk and am left with 451 calories! I'm not hungry and it's kind of late to eat that much. I guess I was seriously under eating. Anyway, although I have no advice, it seems we are having the same problems so I feel for you.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

She did offer suggestions.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Just listen to your body. Eat when you feel you need too. Nothing bad will happen unless you have some underlying issues.

Starvation mode is a myth.
    You don't need to "eat back your exercise calories".
    When you're cutting fat, generally the more you are in a deficit, the more potential fat you can lose to an extent.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you're cutting fat, generally the more you are in a deficit, the more potential fat you can lose to an extent.

and muscle
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    and muscle
    I don't wanna lose muscle!! :sad:
  • Ladyiam
    Ladyiam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have always what you were supposed to do about the calories that you burn...you say eat them back? ok. thanks.