I'm Shawn (Tyler) Weeks, that guy from 344 Pounds.

Options
13»

Replies

• tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Heh, I know I didn't send THAT many people over to MFP, but it sure seems like I did... they at least all found this thread! I'm really happy to be here guys, and I plan on posting in the other topics to help folks lose weight.
  • OceanAvenue85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations!!!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    WTG, Shawn. Congrats on the fabulous journey you have been on!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Wow dude, that's awesome. I look forward to reading your posts and any suggestions you may wish to share.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Glad you'll be posting on MFP! You are a real inspiration to us! :smile:
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome & look forward to hearing your story!!!!!!!:smile:
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome and CONGRATS!!!
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've had a brief peek at the blog and from what I've seen it's a great read that I intend to finish when I have a little more time. Welcome to MFP, and congratulations on your successes to date!
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tyler, I have followed your blog for a long time now even before I started losing weight. Congratulations on your success and future goals.
  • tyler
    Options
    Glad to hear you've been following it.. let me know if you ever have any suggestions for future posts!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey, Tyler. My name is David. I started my journey at 343 pounds and am now 235. I have 35 to go. Any suggestions for the final push to reach the goal?
  • tyler
    Options
    You're why I joined, David. Seriously.

It gets tough around 235, no doubt. I don't like to use the word plateau because so many people misunderstand it. You're not a plateau, your body just needs less calories every day. I know you're going to tell me you're already only eating 2,000 calories or so a day, but you really need to get more strict with your calorie counting. There are estimates that most people overestimate calories anywhere from 10-50%. If you're overestimating by even 10%, you're getting 200 calories more a day, and that'll stop you.

Hell, if you're overestimating by 5%, you're getting 100 calories more a day and that can stop you. I would *temporarily* start weighing absolutely everything. If you're already weighing, weigh everything two times to make sure.

You're just eating too many calories at the end of the day if you're no longer losing. If you're still losing .5-2 pounds a week, then you're right on track. Keep it up, and good luck.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I believe I've seen parts of your story. Can't wait to read more.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss! Congrats and welcome :)
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know first hand, that kind of loss is not easy!
  • tyler
    Options
    It's not, but it's been well worth it. You just don't know until you actually achieve it.
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What happened to shawn tyler weeks how the calorie restriction going was this sustatainable long term ?