HOW have you gotten successful?

Options
13»

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I just stopped eating crap all the time and started really pushing myself to workout. I started running last summer and it's now my favorite exercise (yes, I had a screw loose). I also do weights a few times a week or so.

With the exercise, I'm basically stubborn as h3ll and make myself really sweat. Lately I have been doing interval training and love it, too.
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    For me it has been having my husband doing this with me. We both hold each other accountable (with food and exercise) which is great. Sometimes just knowing that he is going to go running is all the motivation that I need to get off my butt and go with him. I know that I could probably do this without him, but I know that it is SOOOO much easier having him doing this with me.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Have a plan and stick with it. (lifestyle change) Mine is primal / low carb
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, cardio 4 days a week, and strength training 3 days a week. It worked for me, anyway.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Planning, target to lose 0.5 lbs per week, try to target a long term, it's likely that you will be ahead of your schedule which will relief some stress to you.

Workout, make sure to take a rest, and during workout, keep the feeling of motivation by tracking progress.

Eating, see what's works for you, it's different for everyone. but in many, it's about avoiding processed carbs and sugary...
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you're counting calories...is that it?
    What are your secrets?
    I see so many people losing weight so quickly - is calorie counting really all it is?
    As this is day 5 I would love some tips and tricks to be one of these success stories!!

If you spend enough time reading through the "Success Stories" you'll see that different things have worked for different people.

Here's mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572262-300-consecutive-days-of-mfp-w-pics-almost-60-pounds-lost

The one common thread that I think all of the success stories have is limiting caloric intake and adding at least some exercise to help along the way.

In terms of how quickly people have lost weight (I am sure some will disagree), I think rests more with the level of committment and determination the person has. I have never paid much attention to watching sodium intake, water retention, eating clean, whole food diet, watching carbs etc.

The one thing I did learn (again, it worked for me) is I altered my regular food intake to lower my calories such as having tortilla-less tacos, eating lettuce wrapped burgers etc. Looking at my food intake might lead one to believe I'm on some sort of low carb diet, but I am not watching carbs, I watch how caloricly expensive items are and make cuts where I can. Unfortunately for breads, they tend to be the easiest to cut out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!