What is a grandmother suppose to act like.

Options
Must you stay at home and whither away and no longer enjoy life?

Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Heck no! I'm a grandma for the last 2 yrs and people are floored when they hear this, I don't look it nor do I "act" it.........
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you damn sure do not. people be criticizing me all the time, telling me I need to act like a grandmom, how is that? Not be sexi?
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I think baking cookies is a requirement ^^
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    my grandma goes to the gym 6 days a week?
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandmother of three and I'm having the best time of my life! We ski, hike, bike, travel - this is the time to do it! The old adage "You're only as old as you feel" is very true. If you feel youthful and sexy - you are!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Man, I sure hope not, or I'm totally doing it wrong! I figured out after the first grandchild that fitness is a requirement, cuz man can them little buggers run quick!
  • jenniejengin
    Options

:laugh:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

yup definitely.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Be a GMILF.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options

I do fit the baking cookies requirement though <whew>
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Man, I sure hope not, or I'm totally doing it wrong! I figured out after the first grandchild that fitness is a requirement, cuz man can them little buggers run quick!

who you telling, my youngest give me a run for my money. he have me crying sometimes....lol.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my grandma calls me twinke (must sound like quincy to her) and gave me three dollars in an envelope for my graduation. LMAO. shes verrrrry old though
  • lizsharlow
    lizsharlow Posts: 15
    Options
    grandmothers are younger these days. We don't look like our mom's did. we look younger, have more energy, we work out. I have my granddaughters all the time and just love it, we do all sorts of things together (ahh, yes we do bake lots of cookies). no requirements other than LOVE!! have fun.
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Be a GMILF.
    A GMILF...hmmmm???lol....Im' a granmma to 7 beautiful grandkids....2 boys and 5 beautiful girls...Im a young gramma..dont really act like one...not sure how one is to act....I'm 60 this year and work full time so I have really have had not time to figure out the Grandma thing...maybe one day i will figure out how a gramma is suppsed to act....lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Like who ever she is!!!!
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    my grandma calls me twinke (must sound like quincy to her) and gave me three dollars in an envelope for my graduation. LMAO. shes verrrrry old though

lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandmother of three and I'm having the best time of my life! We ski, hike, bike, travel - this is the time to do it! The old adage "You're only as old as you feel" is very true. If you feel youthful and sexy - you are!
    ^^^^ This!!! From a grandma of 7 from age 20 to age 2.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am a grandmother of 3... and I bake them cupcakes and cakes and cook yummy stuff for them (I don't tell them I healthy up the recipes and they can't tell the difference)... I also sing karaoke, dance poorly, can drink like a fish (but it's very rarely), and cuss like a sailor...

I'm also the grandmother who makes them go outside and play instead of sitting inside on a video game all the time.

I do love a rocking chair... but I don't have one...
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    my grandchildren keep me feeling young. their energy sometimes rub off of me. they be wanting to workout all the time....lol. you should see them do sit ups, push ups & pull ups. they stronger than me, that's for sure.....lol.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Hmmm, I am a grandmother of 3... and I bake them cupcakes and cakes and cook yummy stuff for them (I don't tell them I healthy up the recipes and they can't tell the difference)... I also sing karaoke, dance poorly, can drink like a fish (but it's very rarely), and cuss like a sailor...

I'm also the grandmother who makes them go outside and play instead of sitting inside on a video game all the time.

I do love a rocking chair... but I don't have one...

Karaoke is my thing, we do it a lot at my house. I dance my butt off, to Reggae & Soca that is. I love a rocking chair or a recliner, but do not have one. I told my children that I wanted one for christmas or my birthday last year, well, I am still waiting....lol