For anyone and everyone that has done a LCD. QUESTION!

Options
By LCD I mean Low Carb Diet.

Did you eat at or above maintenance? What were your Macros? Ever eat zero carbs? How much did you workout? How long did you do it? How much weight and body fat did you lose? Are you still doing it? Did you ever introduce carbs back into your diet? and how?

I've been researching online for about a month now after someone posted a topic about apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. I'm going to be eating fats and proteins very, very low carbs. I basically know what I want to do but I wanted to see your opinions because you all always have great comments, advice, and I like learning from people who went through it. Don't flame this post, whether or not you agree with what I'm doing I will still do it. Come what may. THANKS! :)

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Will you be doing SKD, TKD, or CKD?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im under doctors orders at this time based on my current medical situations. This will be a lifelong commitment and so far it has been alot easier for me that most of HER patients AND MY patients...
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    On Atkins they do address guidelines for calories and amount of protein and vegetables--probably in response to people who thought low carb meant you could eat all the bacon you wanted and didn't eat anything green. In a nutshell it is 1500-1800cal for women (which is about what MFP puts me after exercise). 4-6oz of meat is a servivng and on the induction phase which is the strictest eat 15 grams of carbs from fresh veggies--about six cups per day. Then you increase carbs by increasing veggies and fruit finally whole grains. Actually low carb is not that much different from what most people do--just cut the white flours, processed foods and sugar.
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by SKD, TKD, and CKD
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump....