I should not have baked that cake.....

Options
2»

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I make a really really good peanut butter brownies, and I usually budget about 2 brownies worth of batter to eat. It's delicious.

Peanut butter brownies? Those sound marvelous!!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    my problem with cakes and brownies is when you cut them and you get all the gooey crumbs stuck to the knife. I love that part... I threw it away today. *sob* *sniff* It was a NSV for me but I was also quite sad.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make a really really good peanut butter brownies, and I usually budget about 2 brownies worth of batter to eat. It's delicious.

Peanut butter brownies? Those sound marvelous!!

They are good. I make them kinda fluffy and gooey, but not too much. Good stuff.
  • pattybattin
    pattybattin Posts: 29
    Options
    Batter oh yes I get that one. I also love cookie dough. Y-U-M-M-Y!!! :blushing:
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    just looked up the 3-2-1 cake....that's awesome! 3 tablespoons of cake mix (mix together anglefood and one other type), 2 table spoons water, 1 minute in the micro.....genius!!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    just looked up the 3-2-1 cake....that's awesome! 3 tablespoons of cake mix (mix together anglefood and one other type), 2 table spoons water, 1 minute in the micro.....genius!!
    and it's yummy... plain, with milk... was gonna mix up some raspberry puree with fatfree whipped topping to top one with tonight, but had a beer instead! Oh and I've found I like the 4 tablespoon size a wee bit more ...
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    and it's yummy... plain, with milk... was gonna mix up some raspberry puree with fatfree whipped topping to top one with tonight, but had a beer instead! Oh and I've found I like the 4 tablespoon size a wee bit more ...

I am going to try this...Thanks!
  • sting5
    Options
    I used to love batter and dough but all the hoopla about raw eggs cured me of it. I completely understand though!

I solved the raw egg problem....I actually put the eggs in after I am done dipping into the batter....I know...crazy..Thanks to everyone for your posts. It feels good knowing I am not alone and I have some good suggestions for alternatives to cake batter LOL
  • sting5
    Options
    My trick is to chew gum the whole time I'm cooking a cake! I hate gum normally, but it really helps to stop the temptation to lick the spoon.

I will try the gum chewing...great idea
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Something that makes me feel like I'm eating cake batter: plain fat-free Greek yogurt and vanilla protein powder. Sometimes I'll add fruit and this is my breakfast! Satisfying but much healthier. This is coming from someone who has been known to mix cake mix with water and eat it!

^^^Going to have to try this if the cravings get to much...I have done the same around TOM and craving sweets with none in the house
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    cake batter... cookie dough.... anything sweet all tortures. If you have never made cake batter puppy chow you are missing out!