ummm....hemorrhoids from running?

Options
Ok I'm just going to ask... anyone every get hemorrhoids from running? I know it's embarrassing but it's a part of life. I personally have went through 3 pregnancy and never had a problem. Now I'm running, seriously training hard for a 5k and I'm hurting. Do you think I might to running to fast? Last month had to take off a few weeks due to side stitches (I found if it breathed out while stepping down on my left foot...no more pain!) So I started back up my training a few weeks ago, slowed thing down a little and I'm running good! But then...I started getting a pain in my *kitten*. Maybe I'm putting to much pressure on my body? I'm 5'2" 222lbs what gives?

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Actually if you do have haemorrhoids, they probably developed during pregnancy and running is just exacerbating the problem. Get a check up with your GP and check that it's actually haemorrhoids that are causing your pain not something else.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
  • MaddiePaige1019
    Options
    ok...I read the story. Do I stop running? Slow down more? I'm running a 5k the end of july, I really do't want to stop running. On the other hand I need to heal :sad:
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe yuo shuold just slow down or not run as much but i wouldnt stop running. I wuold def contact your doctor and really see what issue.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    agree that you probably got them during pregnancy (why don't they tell us these things in advance, eh?) and the running, possibly pushing yourself to hard, it now creating a problem with them.

check in with your doctor and see what can be done. don't give up on your goals.
  • MaddiePaige1019
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouraging words! :smile: I don't want to stop running, I really love it. It's a great stress reliever!! Still I can't believe I'm the only one who has ever had this problem...:grumble: