Coffee

Options

Replies

• amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I actually STARTED drinking coffee on this journey. I'm trying to cut back on the diet pepsi that I'm totally addicted to so I swapped my morning soda habit to coffee. I need the caffeine to function. Coffee is much better for you than the diet pop.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Why have I never thought of making my protein shakes with coffee?!?!
  • ImJDLookatME
    ImJDLookatME Posts: 290
    Options
    I have a morning coffee every day, I find that it curbs my appetite for a little longer so I don't have to eat right when I wake up. I have mine with 2 splendas and 1tbsp of half and half and its only 25 calories!
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will give up a lot but NEVER my coffee. I have tried and it's just not worth it. I drink 3 cups per day and love and enjoy every cup :) I have adjusted how I drink it though - 1 tsp sucanat and 2 Tbl low fat 1/2 and 1/2. (I have tried black coffee, and fat free 1/2 & 1/2 & no sugar- just didn't cut it) Probably not the coffee I like so much but the warm 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar. lol
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have tried desperately to cut out coffee and replace it with Vitamin C. It's not working very well.
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    I used to drink Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Coffee every morning, but stopped only because we moved and there isn't one close :-( and still lost my weight. Anything in moderation is fine. At the end of the day as long as you are eating healthy and drinking your water you will be fine.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    You couldn't pry my coffee out of my cold dead hands. Coffee has like 5 calories. Who cares?

^what he said....
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i haven't given up coffee. cut down from four to just two cups a day... and then back up. working and grad school is tooooooooough.

and yeah, i'm still awesome.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup a day with Fat Free Creamer and lil Splenda. All things in moderation is what I beleive will help me with my goal. I don't have to get rid of EVERYTHING I ate before, just modify and portion. It's working for me. :) Don't give up all the things you love.

I'll send you a friend request. I'm on daily and try to stay in touch as much as I can. :)
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    You couldn't pry my coffee out of my cold dead hands. Coffee has like 5 calories. Who cares?

LMAO ~ Exactly!
    :drinker:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This thread confuses me. Maybe it will make more sense after I get my second cup.
  • xobron
    xobron Posts: 4
    Options
    I have 2 a day w/ stevia and cream!! Yummo
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm not human until I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning. Hell, who am I kidding? Sometimes, I'm not human even then!

I do drink it black, without sugar - developed the habit at university, when there wasn't always fresh milk available. I think with milk in it tastes of milk, with sugar in it tastes of sugar and I want mine to taste of COFFEE! I don't actually care if it's got caffeine in or not - as long as it tastes right!! Too much caffeine (more than 4 cups a day!) plays havoc with my asthma, though.

If you enjoy it, why give it up? Yes, you have to account for it (and any whitener or sweetener you choose to add), but if calories allow, they're calories well spent!!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee drinker. If you're going to drink coffee anyway, why not drink it about 1-2 hours before your workout? It's safer than some of the other pre-workout stimulants out there.
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    coffee = good
    its an essential part of my morning. i take my coffee black with no sugar and thats like 2 calories for 8oz.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Coffee... gotta have coffee.... nothing like relaxing in the morning with a cup of Java... and like I've read here... 2 calories for a cup of black coffee... not an issue.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I went from Mountain Dew to nothing this past week after joining the site. I have been getting a large cup of coffee each morning instead. I instantly noticed a huge difference in my overall daily tiredness, from being tired halfway through the day to actually not wishing for a nap at work. I think a lot of it had to do with the sugar content.

No sugar or creamer, just a straight black Starbucks Sumatra Bold.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Life without coffee is no life at all. Viva La Coffee!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. I stopped drinking coffee most days because it upsets my stomach and I don't sleep as well when I drink it, but it didn't affect my weight loss and coffee makes me happy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    over my dead caffeinated body.