how often do you weigh yourself?

I was wonderin' how often a week do y'all weigh yourselves? Daily? I've heard some people say daily is the best, others say once a week. . .just wonderin' how y'all do it.

Replies

• ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    I was wonderin' how often a week do y'all weigh yourselves? Daily? I've heard some people say daily is the best, others say once a week. . .just wonderin' how y'all do it.
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    i hate to say that im one that is on that scale at 5am sharp each morning after my workout
  • I hate to say this but I am obsessed with the scale...they say once a week but I can't do that I step on it twice a day sometimes...not healthy not good for the mind...I say what ever you think you can handle but if you are not losing when you step on the scale you can really discourage youself I know this...do what feels right for you. I'm try to only step on it every second day now and only in the morning very hard to disipline myself for that..
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Well i will be the other i guess.

I weigh myself once per week, right when i wake up monday mornings, before breakfast suplements everything. I also take measurements and body fat readings and put all the information on a spreadsheet so i can track whats going on.

I find that for me weighing every day doesnt satisfy me but if you do make sure you try to do it at the same time of day. usually the best time is right when you wake up before you have eaten or drank.

Tim
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    I get on the scale every morning buck naked after I pee and before I work out. For me it's a motivational tool--I try to eat right during the day because I want to see good numbers. Also, I'm excited to get out of bed in order to see what my effort have done for me. If you weigh yourself daily you have to realize that there will be fluctuations--both up and down--that will could be more drastic than you think. Take them lightly, but hope for a downward "trend" week to week. Also, beware of your monthly visitor. For me and probably most other women out there we gain up to 2-3 pounds just before for no apparent reason! But it comes off just as easy.

Do what works for you!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    at least 2 times a day. try not to, but there is a scale-magnet that drags me to it.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    So the best time to wiegh yourself is the morning? I've been wieghing myself at night :embarassed:
    I guess I should move the scale to somewhere where I'll be able to se it in the morning better.

PS: I do it about 3 times a week
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    well Banks has this challange for some of us where we give up using our scale for a month....I am having a hard time and its day three....lol

I'm being good but when I was addicted...I'd wiegh in every morning at the same time....I'd say once a week is healthy but once a day can be too if you don't let it get to you the fluctuation....which I did sigh

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    well Banks has this challange for some of us where we give up using our scale for a month....I am having a hard time and its day three....lol

I'm being good but when I was addicted...I'd wiegh in every morning at the same time....I'd say once a week is healthy but once a day can be too if you don't let it get to you the fluctuation....which I did sigh

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I think it's all about how emotionally attached you are to the scale. If I go up a pound, I don't freak. If I go down a pound, I don't celebrate. So I can weigh myself almost every day. My weight really doesn't fluctuate that much.

If you are going to be bummed all day because the scale went up that day, don't weigh yourself that often - in fact take the banks challenge.

If you are wondering the effects of sodium on your diet, weigh yourself every day.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    I had to give my scale to my mother-in-law because it was VERY counter-productive. I'd weigh myself every day twice a day and if I was up a pound or a half a pound or...whatever, I'd give up and pig out because I would think, 'This isn't working. I should just give up.' So I gave it to my mother-in-law and I weigh myself every two weeks or so (when we go to see them) and if I really feel like I need to check up on myself, I measure. That helps me, because I usually see results.
  • I was wonderin' how often a week do y'all weigh yourselves? Daily? I've heard some people say daily is the best, others say once a week. . .just wonderin' how y'all do it.

I used to every morning after taking care of digestive business :) But now every 2-3 days, as I was tied of seeing a lack of day-to-day progress.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Once a week. If it does not say what I think it should I do not let it get to me cause I feel great. My clothes r gettin loser and I have more energy than I have in 30 years. :wink:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I weigh myself once a week, Monday or Tuesday morning right away. Every day would drive me nuts!!
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    Every day. First thing in the morning after going pee. I don't obsess over it at all, I like to weigh myself everyday so I can hold myself accountable for the previous day, if i went over my calories, it shows on the scale. But my weight doesn't fluctuate if i stay with in my calories and drink my water.
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    I weigh in every morning...and :heart: it ! It is what works best for me. :flowerforyou:
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Once a week on Friday. I use the scale at work. (they put a doctor's style scale in the girls room for some reason?!?)
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Once a week, on Thursday night cause that's when the weight-loss-support group meets. If I weren't attending that, I'd take Banks up on his challenge, and weigh once a month.

No way could I check myself everyday. I do go up and down for no real reason from one day to the next. It would drive me "bonkers" to see that.

You gotta do what works for you.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    i do once a week on a monday now that one counts then i do it every so often during the week just to keep a track on it only if i think about it. then i have a monthly weigh in at the gym and i do a measure as well to get the full picture
    my scales say one thing and the gyms is alittle bit more so i dont think one says im heavier than the other i just go right gym one i have lost ..... amount and same with home so they have their own start point.