Replies

• misslariss84
    misslariss84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kipper snappers!
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The oddest thing I do with food is salt my ice cream. Seriously guys, try it! The flavor of the ice cream itself gets a lot deeper and tastier!

Other than that I'd try just about anything at least once. Moving to Japan this fall so I'm REALLY looking forward to trying chicken sashimi,innards yakitori, fugu and so on.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying things that have Liver, or Kidney or heart in the title, but I do quite like Haggis.

My Scottish partner cannot stand it!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A Japanese dish. I think it was called Somen? It was squid noodles in a squid ink sauce. One bite was all I could handle.
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying things that have Liver, or Kidney or heart in the title, but I do quite like Haggis.

My Scottish partner cannot stand it!

Ooof, haggis >_< definitely one of those things I have no intention of trying!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't do this now, but all throughout college my favorite ice cream combo would be mint chocolate chip and then smothering it all with peanut butter. SO GOOD
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'll eat almost anything when I'm hungry (and have) but I guess the stranger things are when I eat things. Like, I'll eat a cucumber for breakfast or something. Although, I do love sour cream. Almost everything is better with sour cream (which is why I stay the heck away from it).

Also the kids tell me air popped popcorn with chili powder is gross and tastes like cardboard but I like it =)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't do this now, but all throughout college my favorite ice cream combo would be mint chocolate chip and then smothering it all with peanut butter. SO GOOD

True that, although I'll use just about any ice cream!
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

That sounds like the best thing ever!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I used to dip my mcdonalds chips into milkshakes.

I did that too - it was so good.

I like putting potatoe chips on my PB sandwichs.<<<
    I love to crumble tostitos over chocolate ice cream<<<

Obviously the above 2 I no longer eat

I love a fried egg sandwich with cheese and strawberry jam
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Those are two different shows. One is my strange addiction, and one is freaky eaters. Freaky eaters is people who eat real food to an extreme that is just plain unhealthy. One person had a tartar sauce addiction, one had a maple syrup addiction, one ate nothing but meat and 100% raw.

My strange addiction is the one where people eat toilet paper and Ajax and dirt and rocks and stuff. Some of them are just addicted to teddy bears and one was addicted to his car and was in an "intimate" relationship with it.

Anyway, the freakiest things I've eaten aren't weird for here, but are wierd to other parts of the country. I'm from New Orleans, so we eat crawfish, crabs, raw oysters, blood boudin, alligator, and turtle. I moved to Michigan for three years and my friends there thought I was absolutely nuts!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I was teaching a class one year and there was this student who ate paper. Like, she had been doing it all her life and there were some papers that were better than others. It was crazy.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I forage throughout the year. Whenever I go for a walk, I'm snacking on whatever's in season. I get really excited about cattails and queen anne's lace.

I get the weirdest looks when people catch me picking things off the side of the road and munching them....
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Traditionally my Dad cleans and cooks a big batch of chitterlings for us on Thanksgiving and sometimes again on New Years. It's pig intestines and to some they stink to high heaven when being cooked, but I love the smell and they taste sooooo good.

Also, there's this snack I've been wanting to try. While at Pier Park in Florida, i noticed this little store that sells sour cream and onion flavored crickets. I wanted them but had no one to share them with the last time I was there. This time around is gonna be different though. Since I'll be in the same area I'll have access to the store and will finally get to try them.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite pizza is pineapple and mushroom! All my friends think its totally weird. My boyfriend thought it was strange at first, then I got him to try it and now he eats it too! Thats about the freakiest thing I've eaten though

Strange you say that....that is my favorite pizza and none of my friends will try it and neither will my fiance! It's sooo good!

Thats too funny! I have always loved them both seprately and then decided to try them both on a pizza lol everytime I order it at a restaurant I get weird looks from the waiter/waitress

The first job I ever had was at Pizza Hut, so I experimented a lot :) And ended up LOVING pineapple and mushrooms.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't eat strange much anymore... but I used to like things like Ham & Pineapple pizza and dip it in things like ranch. I also remember mixing my spaghetti in things like ketchup when there wasn't much marinara sauce.Also I'd put only peanut butter on some bread and eat it just like that.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was teaching a class one year and there was this student who ate paper. Like, she had been doing it all her life and there were some papers that were better than others. It was crazy.

I might be doing this in a minute - these fruity candy smelling Post-It's are making me hungry!
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    I caught an episode last night of strange addiction. This woman actually drank most of her urine thinking it would cure cancer. It was one of those things where it was so gross but I couldn't stop watching it! Anyone else see it?
    I grew up eating deer and elk meat so when I got married and made ground beef for the first time I threw the meat out thinking the beef was bad because the smell was just awful.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Probably the worst I've eaten is crawdads from the river. (boiled with salt)

My brother is the pickiest eater. Ever since we were little he's pretty much lived off ramen noodles. Besides that it's meat and potatoes, but still, ramen noodles. Ehh. I hate them because of how much we ate them growing up.
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options
    I don't eat strange much anymore... but I used to like things like Ham & Pineapple pizza and dip it in things like ranch. I also remember mixing my spaghetti in things like ketchup when there wasn't much marinara sauce.Also I'd put only peanut butter on some bread and eat it just like that.

I've heard of people doing those things. Kids in my elementary school used to dip pizza in ranch all the time. And peanut butter on bread? Totally normal, and probably one of my favorite snacks =]