Protein Shakes

Options
CurvyGirl14
CurvyGirl14 Posts: 37 Member
Can anyone recommend a brand of protein shakes as a great meal replacement?

Replies

• ofthevalley
    ofthevalley Posts: 69
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a brand of protein shakes as a great meal replacement?

GNC Total Lean 25, the French Vanilla flavor. IMO it has the best flavor.
  • nanadot1
    nanadot1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use spriru-tein, like the strawberry
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    There are a million to choose from and personally if you mix them with milk they really are not that bad. My personal choice is Syntha 6 from BSN. It taste great and is low calorie which is the best of both worlds.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    For the most part, they all taste good. However, I bought an off-brand of casein protien (can't remember exact name, sorry) from GNC in Vanilla an it was too disgusting to drink. I don't know if casein tastes different from whey because I've never bought more, but steer clear of brands that aren't Optimum Nutrition from GNC just in case all of their products are that gross.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love Premier ready made shakes from Costco. They are really good, filling and easy to transport. They now have vanilla, but it is pretty sweet. The chocolate is my favorite.
  • Jean1Marc
    Jean1Marc Posts: 12
    Options
    I use Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate, and I mix it with water and it tastes like chocolate milk or Yoohoo.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    GNC Wheybolic 60. Choc, banana cream, vanilla. All good. I mix with milk or brewed green tea. Add peanut tear butter, fruit . Apple, orange, banana. Also use vanilla powder with fruit juice .,,POM ,Oj. I experiment often!
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just buy muscle milk or other protein powders that walmart carries and if it tastes disgusting than I add a little bit of some chocolate syrup into my drink and it is so much better!
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Arbonne Fit : Vegan Protein Vanilla and Chocolate
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with Unjury (http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/). Several selections and I can mix it with everything - food or drink. I think it tastes alright, but I'm always adding flavor like fruit, or sugar free/fat free jello pudding mix.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    NONE make "a great meal replacement".
    They only help to add protein to your diet (some also have carbs).
    Keeping this in mind, most ppl that use them (on MFP) seem to like :

Body Fortress...26 gm of protein/130 cal...Kroger or Walmart
    Optimum Nutrition...30 gm protein...Walmart
    Isopure Zero Carb...25 gm protein/100 cal...GNC or Amazon
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    There is a difference between protein shakes and meal replacement shakes....Protein shakes only have protein and 1-4 grams of carbs/fats. A meal should have carbs, fats, proteins, and other nutrients. Best way to make a meal replacement shake would be to use your favorite brand of protein (mine is scivation whey because it has a lot of BCAA's and tastes great) and add fruits, and oatmeal to give some carbs. Also would recommend a daily vitamin to stay healthy and get nutrients while cutting meals.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    There are a million to choose from and personally if you mix them with milk they really are not that bad. My personal choice is Syntha 6 from BSN. It taste great and is low calorie which is the best of both worlds.

^^This, the strawberry and banana flavors are good enough it feels like cheating. They are 200cal a piece though for 22g and 3-5g of fiber is built in. I also use ON Pro Complex in Vanilla or strawberry; 135cals per scoop and 30g protein. Mix them with 1 cup water and 1 cup fat free milk for taste.

Edited for this: VVV

add fruits, and oatmeal to give some carbs. Also would recommend a daily vitamin to stay healthy and get nutrients while cutting meals.
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use Healthy Meal Shakes from Herbalife and add a scoop of Protein Drink Mix to every shake! They have a ton of recipes, and they are amazing!!
  • sabotai
    sabotai Posts: 25
    Options
    optimum nutrition double chocolate is friggen awesome... The only one I use for lifting because it actually tastes good...
  • jjclark529
    jjclark529 Posts: 22
    Options
    If you're looking for meal replacement shakes, the absolute best is Shakeology by BeachBody. Taste great and has all of the carbs, protein, and vitamins you need in a shake.
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Muscle Milk! The Malt and Cafe Latte are my faves. I have one every morning for breakfast after my a.m. workout. Very low carb and great tasting :-)
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love Syntha 6 from BSN... I have the chocolate peanut butter flavor and it tastes AMAZING! I actually look forward to drinking it. I just add 1 scoop to 8 oz of water (directions say 5 oz but it is just as thick with 8 oz and it feel like you're having a meal with the extra 3 oz) and shake it all up. It's thick and creamy like a milk shake & 1 scoop only has 200 calories. It's very filling & I've been using it as a small meal 2-3 times a day. I'll also use it after a workout. You don't be disappointed :-)
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I prefer Body Fortress - both the vanilla and chocolate are yummy and I don't notice an aftertaste. I always mix them up with fruit and a little bit of milk, and if you add a lot of ice they taste like a chiller from Second Cup.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!