Major NSV - read if you get obsessed with the scale!

Options
cinsuccess
cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
Like so many people on MFP, I have had clothes in my closet in 3 different sizes for years... mostly in business suits since I'm a lawyer by day so I need to have suits that fit properly no matter what size I may be. It was when I had to buy a "bigger" suit for an interview because I didn't fit into my "fat" suit size that I really woke up and got serious about making some changes.

I have not fit into the "thin" (lowest) size in my closet since 1998... until this morning! I decided to pull one out and try it on just to see how much further I had to go and was absolutely amazed when I didn't even have to hold my breath to get the zipper closed!! This is particularly amazing for me because the last time I fit into this suit was when I was at my goal weight which is still 30 pounds away!!

How you lose weight really does matter!! By working out more, building muscle and being focused on better nutrition by body is transforming in ways I never imagined.

I wanted to share this for anyone who gets too focused on the scale. My scale says I have 30+ pounds to go for my goal weight but my body is getting leaner. I'm fitting into clothes that I didn't think I could wear until I got there! This time when I reach my goal weight, I will fit into even smaller sizes... and even better - I will be much healthier and stronger!!

Replies

• alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    CONGRATS!! That must have felt great :) Keep up the great work!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • FitJenJen
    FitJenJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I needed that today! Thanks for the inspiration (as I portion out my healthy snack in 0.5 serving size) and gather the energy to do my strength training tonight!

Keep up the good work!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that...I really appreciate it...and congrats on all your success thus far!
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    that is wonderful! and yet, one more reason to keep logging and plugging along!
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Total Awesomesauce! :)
  • kboggs6763
    kboggs6763 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you...that is very inspiring!:smile:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Like so many people on MFP, I have had clothes in my closet in 3 different sizes for years... mostly in business suits since I'm a lawyer by day so I need to have suits that fit properly no matter what size I may be. It was when I had to buy a "bigger" suit for an interview because I didn't fit into my "fat" suit size that I really woke up and got serious about making some changes.

I have not fit into the "thin" (lowest) size in my closet since 1998... until this morning! I decided to pull one out and try it on just to see how much further I had to go and was absolutely amazed when I didn't even have to hold my breath to get the zipper closed!! This is particularly amazing for me because the last time I fit into this suit was when I was at my goal weight which is still 30 pounds away!!

How you lose weight really does matter!! By working out more, building muscle and being focused on better nutrition by body is transforming in ways I never imagined.

I wanted to share this for anyone who gets too focused on the scale. My scale says I have 30+ pounds to go for my goal weight but my body is getting leaner. I'm fitting into clothes that I didn't think I could wear until I got there! This time when I reach my goal weight, I will fit into even smaller sizes... and even better - I will be much healthier and stronger!!

I'm totally obsessed with the number on my scale. :blushing: But, you are so right! I'm fitting into pants right now that I did not fit into yet the last time I was at this weight (pregnancies back to back, so my weight has gone up and down the last couple of years). I was amazed to get into the pants I've gotten into, but realized it's b/c I'm not just focusing on the number on the scale anymore. :)
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    BEST.FEELING.EVER!!!!!

Congrats!!! Thank you for reminding us...the other slaves! I just had a moment this morning. Good timing!
  • ladyfingers39
    ladyfingers39 Posts: 335
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Good for you!!!
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    That is fabulous! Congratulations, and thanks for the encouragment!
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I'm in the same boat as you at the minute. I work out 2 hours a day, 5 days a week plus I swim at the weekend, but the scales are not going down! So disheartening, but my body is improving every day. I too am fitting into things that I wore when I was 20lbs lighter than I am now. Now just need the scales to budge! Keep up the good work.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Yes! So right! Thanks for sharing!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations on your NSV! It is good to remember that there is more to fitness than just the numbers on the scale.
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I needed that today! Thanks for the inspiration (as I portion out my healthy snack in 0.5 serving size) and gather the energy to do my strength training tonight!

Keep up the good work!

This!!!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kkbfuller
    kkbfuller Posts: 9
    Options
    That is an amazing feeling!!! How wonderful for you, keep it up because you are doing it right girl!!!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ijust deided the other day not to pay attention to the scale any more. My goal was to get down to 135 and wear a size 8 comfortably. The past few months I have been bouncing between 141-144, but I can wear a size 6 and I bought a dress that is a size 4! And yes, I can get into it! I probably look better than I did 15 years ago and I know I feel great!
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    Very inspirational; thanks for posting.
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The older I get the less obssessed I am with the # on the scale. I'll buy "larges" and basically whatever fits and looks good! So happy for you and your victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!