Major NSV - read if you get obsessed with the scale!

Options

Replies

• Missdjslim
    Missdjslim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your post! I just started on this quest for fitness and altogether healthier lifestyle...and the scale isn't moving downward very fast! I have lost weight, but SLOWLY. But, I can notice a change already in the way I look and feel...I'm gonna keep on keepin' on..and just go for it, regardless!

all the best in life, love and fitness,
    Donna
  • nas30
    nas30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you for the inspiration.
  • stewsh
    stewsh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks, scale obsession is a HUGE hurdle for me.
  • Vanillacoffee54
    Vanillacoffee54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL!! Very encouraging! Go you!!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • luvp1nk
    luvp1nk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Absolutely dead on. My personal goal is a lean and toned 135.
  • sdurrahMpls
    sdurrahMpls Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right! My scale hasn't budged but my clothes are getting bigger by the hour! It feels great, and it's oh so motivating. Especially when that damn scale just makes you want to quit!
  • wcmyers74
    wcmyers74 Posts: 11
    Options
    Good advice. It is similar to checking your stock values everyday. Bad idea unless you want to go crazy! The scale is really the last thing we should look at and only once a week at the most.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! so glad i read this today.
    thank you for sharing this. Congratulations on your amazing achievements. Keep up your hard work and dedication. People like you help motivate and inspire others to keep going.
    thank you!
    great advice. :)
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am like the others been obbessed with the scale too. thinking acording to the scale i have 56 pounds to go. I am noticing how my clothes are fitting looser and a few weeks ago I pulled out my favorite bib overalls that I saved for 3 years I felt at some point I would fit into them. then i did a week ago fit into them. my clothes are looser and looser on me.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome post and good for you!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I read this at the PERFECT time! I am now NOT going to weigh today and focus on how my body feels rather than the number on the stupid scale! :flowerforyou: Keep up the awesome work!
  • psycholette
    Options
    Great Job! So exciting it is so important to remember that when you are taking care of your body properly the number on the scale is not the most important thing...muscle weighs more than fat and if you are exercising you are adding muscle, that means you may not be losing pounds, but you are getting thinner still!! way to go!!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Such a GREAT feelings. Keep up the work!!!!
  • FunMomof2
    FunMomof2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations!! I know the feeling for the smaller clothes, but I have to thank you for the reminder of the scale. I just restarted my mission after 1 1/2 yrs of an exercise hiatus....although all my clothes still fit, some of the pants were getting "snug". :smile:

Thank you again you just inspired me as I will remember it when I go to workout tonight. :flowerforyou:
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! I too am 40 and have gained and lost the same 20 pounds in the last few years. This year, I am going to break that cycle!! I refuse to buy clothes in another size! I told myself that if I have to get a size bigger…. It will be at the goodwill… not buying ‘new’ fat clothes!! :noway:

Last year, I was working out a ton (training for Sprint Tri’s) and the scale was barely creeping down…. I was sooo frustrated. I was gaining muscle, but I don’t think I was actually eating enough to fuel my body for the amount of working out I was doing, so the weight loss was slow. Still, I was noticeably leaner and got many compliments on my ‘weight loss’

This year, I am also taking body fat measurements (got a pinch tester on e bay cheap) and I will be tracking that for progress even if the scale isn’t showing progress. A lot of bodybuilders are technically overweight by scale (height/weight) and BMI measurements, but are extremely low in body fat…..

Great job!!
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    So totally true! I am a scale watcher too. but recently I had the same experience. I bought the cutest pair of jean peddle pushers and have not been able to fit into them for almost a year. i was going out of town last weekend and wanted to wear them so i decided to try them on....they fit!! i was amazed, but had onlu lost like 3 pounds!! so its true, scale may not say what you want, but its also how you feel too!!!!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!!! Great work as well! Keep up the hard work and don't stop. :)
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's alway a great feeling when you can get into "those" clothes that made their way into the don't fit pile...I love it!~ I am obsessed with the scale and try not to be, but it is easier said than done. Great job on your weight loss though!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!