What kind of vitamins and supplements do YOU take?

Options

Replies

• lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed enemic so I take Ferrosequels and Vitamin C (doc says you need vitamin C for the Iron to absorb) I don't take a multi vitamin, but it sounds like I probably should.
  • Charmonix
    Charmonix Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take 500 mcg of Vitamin B-12, and 5000 iu of Vitamin D because my Dr. told me to after my last blood test, and I also take a generic multi vitamin.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I take the Womens Ultra Mega Active Vitapak from GNC, amazing! Has just about everything you'll ever need!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I take One A Day Women's Active Mind & Body and Vitamin D-2000mg (I don't drink milk ever, hate it lol)
  • jlynnmclaughlin
    Options
    I take a women's multi vitamin, 2000mg of Vitamin D and I am going to start also taking Glucomanan. Glucomanan - I got some information about it helping with feeling full. I'll let you know if I do well with it starting it tomorrow. It was on Dr. Oz about being the BEST weight control supplement.

:) Good luck!

Jackie

Yes let us know about the Glucomanan I have heard a lot about it but haven't tried it yet

Will do! I have a lot of faith in it being that Dr/ Oz recommends it and my Dr. did also. :)
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    When I remember I take fish oil pills and psyllium husk pills.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multi and a glucosamine supplement. I used to take a calcium supplement, but I found that pushed me to 200-300% my daily value of calcium. Apparently, I am very good at getting my calcium from food (Go CHEESE!). In the winter, I take a vitamin D3 supplement. I don't take that one in the spring/summer/fall because I spend tons of time outdoors and get plenty of D naturally. I also do a psyllium husk (fiber) supplement most days.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So many great responses! Thank you!!

So I should be taking a Vitamin D with my calicum? I don't get much calcium from dairy...I'm lactose intolerent.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Women's One a Day and Proactol (not a supplement but a fat binder)

Thinking about a Green Tea pill... any suggestions on what kind?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin similar to Centrum, 400 IU of Vitamin E for my hair, and 300mg of B6 which helps with water retention every day.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I take a lot of supplements, but have a good reason for each one.

Multi-vitamin
    Probiotic
    Calcium (If low for the day)
    Iron (Only when anemic)
    Plant Sterols
    St. Johns Wort (sometimes - not ongoing)
    Baby asprin
    D3
    Noni Juice
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Chromium Picolinate
    Odorless Garlic
    Biotin
    Magnesium
    Horse Chestnut (1 bottle every 6 - 8 months)
    Milk Thistle (sometimes - not ongoing)
    CoQ10 (sometimes - not ongoing)
  • LondonLad
    LondonLad Posts: 31
    Options
    Wellman over 50
    Wellman skin
    Wellman sports boost
    Zinc
    High dose vitamic C
    Tribullis
    Ginseng
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make myself stay on a regular vitamin/mineral schedule, but it turns out I AM willing/able to remember to chomp on one of my son's chewables every night before bed. Plus, I usually have a couple Viactive chewable Calcium/Vitamin D/Vitamin K jobbers each day.

I HAVE fish oil, niacin, and plant sterols/stanols, but I can't seem to remember to take them. Go figure.

Edited to say that I used to take baby aspirin each day, but since I landed on Toprol XL, I'm iffy about taking an anticoagulant/NSAID at the same time.

Kris
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    none, but i do eat loads of veg and fruit
    \

Nothing to do with your post, but your dog reminds me of mine--she's a Labrador Husky (a Canadian sled dog, not a hybrid of labs and huskies).

That's all! Just wanted to say I like your dog!

Kris
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    "Morning pill box" consists of:

Vitamin C (to keep my immune system boosted),
    Vitamin B12 (trial phase - was severely deficient in May - go back for more blood work next month - more than likely will be put on B12 injections)
    Detrol LA (not a supplement - necessary though :wink: )
    Mobic (again, not a supplement, but sports doc prescribed low dose to keep knees healthy :smile: )

"Evening pill box" consists of:

Multi-vitamin (sits in stomach better at night)
    Iodine (to help improve circulation issues in extremities)
    Probiotic

When I keep them organized like this, I am sure not to forget to take them.

Stay Healthy! :wink:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Vitamin D - because the sun's gone into hiding in London, UK :laugh:
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Biotin Hair skin and nails
    Cranberry tablets
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Fiber
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Calcium
    Cinnamon

I am pretty sure that it lol I know its a lot but if I dont take my vitamins for a few days i get so sluggish and tired!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I take a Prenatal Vitamin (no not pregnant but my doctor said it was good for me)
    D-3

and when I'm low on energy I do a B-12 liquid under my tongue before a workout. (But not everyday, just when energy seems low)
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multivitamin
    B-12
    2.5 Biotin

Prob need to take the glucosamine myself...so interested in the results of that....heard it is great with joints and I have had 5 knee surgeries! Anything to help there ;-)
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    AM - Probiotic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Cinnamon, Fiber and Potassium
    Lunch - One a Day Multi-Vitamin for Women, Flaxseed Oil, B-12
    PM - D-3, Calcium, and CQ10