Healthy foods to keep at the office?

Options
2»

Replies

• sandraDallas
    Options
    Thanks! The tea is a great idea - I'm going to get some after work when I go to the grocery store. I have read that peppermint tea is good for digestion and will probably get that.
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    Thanks! I switched from Almonds to Walnuts because the healthiest Almonds are the raw ones and I just never could enjoy them enough to actually eat them. Now I'm having a small handful of Walnuts each day. I read something recently about pumpkin seeds and will give them a try.
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    Samantha - I've never heard of Chocolate tea, what brand?
  • mich1760
    mich1760 Posts: 34
    Options
    bump
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I always keep some Jazz Apples, bananas, peanut butter ( great on both fruit), Greek Yogurt with granola, and my new fav- Sugar Snaps with Yogurt Ranch dressing...
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have so much stuff at work that it makes my coworkers laugh, but it keeps me from eating the cake and cookies that's usually in the kitchen.

I keep:

Low fat animal crackers
    Cottage Cheese
    Apples
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges
    low fat pretzels
    instant oatmeal packets
    100 calorie snack packs
    english muffins
    triscuts
    peanut butter or nutella
    Pretzel crisps
    on-the-go water mixers
    almonds

I second the Laughing Cow cheese wedges. You already have english muffins. Pop those in a toaster and spread on a wedge of laughing cow. Delish!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    BTW, I don't keep anything at work. They throw out everything in the fridge (yes, bowls, plates...whatever) on the last Friday of each month. I don't keep any food in my desk because I KNOW I will eat it most likely more than a serving. I just always bring a piece of fruit with me to work to snack on. You are lucky!
  • Joysuzhou
    Joysuzhou Posts: 29
    Options
    Soy crisps are one of my favorite salty snacks that I keep around. Also any kind of roasted seeds(sunflower, pumpkin) in shell are great, yummy and nutritious, plus they keep you busy too :)