Major NSV - read if you get obsessed with the scale!

Options
124»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I lost about from 245 to 195 with just cutting the fat way down in my diet in 2010. No working out or anything. I gained 30 of it back as when I let myself relax a bit, so this time I went the "better portions, better foods, run until you like it, and lift heavy stuff" route this time. I'm only down 10 more pounds than I was at the end of 2010, but anybody can see that the body I have is much better. Smaller, more toned, and stronger. And I'm actually happy. I'm not bitter because I'm missing out on foods that I love, or losing hair because I'm not getting enough nutrients from my previously bland diet.
    So yeah, it's very possible to change your body, even if your weight doesn't change.
    Congrats so much to you!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I was having the same issue til I tried something on and was blown away. It's very true!! I can't wait to get to my UGW!
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I obsess over the scale because it's the most immediate feedback for me, both good and bad. With that, the change in clothing size has been the most rewarding for me. Though it's out of style, I was able to fit into the suit I bought for my college graduation 14 years ago, something I was very proud of. I'm even wearing the same size jean I wore as a 20 year old, so that's a big plus as well, though it cost a fortune to replace.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!! Great job!:drinker:
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    Awesome effort!! Totally hear you..
    I was a size 8 in school and tall and lanky.. I got up to a 12 until recently..
    I'm still 6kgs off from my highschool days but am back in an 8 and look even better than I did back then :-)
    Ditch the scales and go by measurements!!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I do get so frustrated that the scale is going down so slowly. Thankfully my clothes sizes and measurements are going down more consistently.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had one of those this afternoon. I got dress to go to my kids drama performance and I put my Victoria Secrect Bra on that I really did not fit into and guess what?????? It fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always been put out because I was in size 12 but I could not find a bra at VC that I would fit into. I wear a 36DDD. VS does not make hardly any of that size. So I went to Lane Bryant to get fitted....and guess what.....they do not have one that fits me. Theirs start at 38's. I have always been soooooo frustated. I fit into a 36DD today!!!!!!!!!
  • MiAmorDeanna
    MiAmorDeanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I need measuring tape -_-

I'm obsessed with the scale. There were days when I would get mad because I'd gain a lb but I was doing everything perfect. Everyone else kept saying I looked good and that I was losing a lot when I had not felt like I was. So I took courage in myself to try on my favorite hollister jeans that I used to wear all the time before I had gotten pregnant with my daughter and by my surprise I was actually able to get the over my hips, I could not button them but the button was ALMOST there, lol.

Some days I tell myself wait until 4 days from now to weigh but then I'd weigh myself the very next day.

Your post was very helpful! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!