Insanity or ChaLEAN X?

Options
kini324
kini324 Posts: 239 Member
Hi everyone,
I have lost 75 lbs and have 15 more to go. I have quite a bit of belly fat still to lose/tone up. I'm not sure if I should do Insanity or ChaLEAN to help me shed these last 15. Don't I have to get rid of the fat before I can tone the muscle underneath? Please let me know what you recommend.

thanks!

Replies

• kkbfuller
    kkbfuller Posts: 9
    Options
    First of all, 75 lbs!?! That is AMAZING!!! Congratulations!!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you only have 15 to go I would do Insanity cardio OR Turbo Fire (HIIT training) with Chalean. Turbo Fire is my FAVE!
  • Stacyfit37
    Stacyfit37 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm doing both Insanity and ChaLean X too. Insanity and Turbo Fire are both more cardio and ChaLean X is mostly weights. After I'm done with Insanity, I'm going back to Turbo Fire/ChaLean X hybrid schedule. I LOVE Tubro Fire!!!
  • kini324
    Options
    I think I will do Insanity first and see if that helps me hit my goal. Then look into ChaLEAN or Turbo Fire. Thanks!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    well wow...congrats on the 75lb loss...that's amazing!!!

& as for what to do.. I'd highly suggest Insanity. I've completed 3 rounds. My first round I dropped 25lbs and two jean sizes :D
    It's INTENSE cardio so you lose a lot of fat, and great resistance moves. :) It's my ultimate favorite workout!!
  • eve1964
    eve1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW...75 pounds....What an accomplishment!!! I just stared doing insanity and lost 5.1 pounds in a week!!! What is Chalean? Never heard of it.
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love ChaLean X and Turbo Fire.. Anything wth Chalene Johnson! She is amazing and just soo motivatng. I started with Turbo Jam!!! ehhehe.. but I know that Insanity is a great program as well from what others have told me... GREAT JOB FOR LOSING 75lbs that is sooo AWESOME!!!
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have already made up your mind but I'll add my two cents anyway. :)

I would go for Chalean. Because you are so close to your goal that you could probably use more strength training to tone and build muscle which will in turn help burn the last of the fat you want gone. I did 5 weeks of Chalean before my DVD messed up and I am currently waiting for a replacement, but I saw the most physical change in my body during that time. Right now while I'm waiting for Chalean I am doing Insanity 3 days a week and lifting 3 days a week. However, I still have a lot more to lose then you.

Once I get as close to my goal as you are my priority will be heavy lifting in order to build muscle and tone.
  • AngelaR1
    AngelaR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 2 days left to complete Insanity and the scale hardly budged, however i can really see and feel the difference. I am going to start Chalene on Monday.
  • down_ell_beez
    down_ell_beez Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about ChaLean X, but I did start Insanity 2 days ago, and I have already lost 4 pounds (mind that I just got back from a big Vegas vacation of eating and drinking).

I really like insanity right now. My legs are intensely sore, and feel like I get good workouts. And this is coming from a guy who has ran a marathon and an Ironman 70.3.
  • kini324
    Options
    I appreciate all of the feedback! I'm going to get both, but I now think I'll start with ChaLEAN. Thanks again!