pig or cow?

Options

Replies

• JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't know but when I eat like a pig I feel like a cow.

I always see people posting amusing responses that don't answer the question and thought I'd give it a try. :wink:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Pig. Wrapped around cow.

This is the best answer.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This leads to butter and cream which, in turn, leads to numerous desserts. I mean, this eventually can turn into a chocolate versus bacon battle. Bacon, while a strong competitor, just cannot stand up to all of those possibilities.

...stymied! Doh.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Neither. I don't eat those.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Pig for meat. Cow for dairy and the resulting yumminess. Kill the pig, keep the cow. Problem solved.

Chicken or fish?
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh pulled pork........back bacon........I'm going with pig, If I had to choose between never having sirloin or never having pulled pork.......I'm hangin' on to my pulled pork............
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm no bigot...I refuse to take sides!

(I do love a nice, juicy porterhouse though!)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up. I love the Chipotle Pork Burgers I get at the farmer's market, so I can't say I'd miss burgers if I went all pork.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm an ethical carnivore. 35 years of *not* eating factory farmed meat.

So, pig, cow, either is fine as long as you know your farmer. And I got made fun of for stating this at lunch today but it's true--grass fed beef has HALF the fat of factory farmed.

I'm only 26, but this haha
    As long as it isn't factory farmed and free range than I'm ok with both

HOWEVER

I prefer seafood & venison
    I live in SW michigan....lots of lakes and deer
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Turkey!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Cow....but gosh darnit...bacon is hard to beat!
    Agreed. No question bacon is the #1, but to me the various cuts of steak all neutralize the bacon + pork chop combo. Ham? A great alternative, but just can't beat out ground beef in my opinion (we won't even talk about the nastitness that is ground pork.

So its cow, by a nose... or a hoof?

I think veal is a different category.

Indiana girl here to debate the "nastiness" of ground pork! We have a thing here called "porkburgers" - in fact, there is a town that has a festival devoted to the things. If you are ever here, please try one!

That said - I simply cannot chose! I must have all the meats :)
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not one of the options...but I go with chicken ;) I gave up "cow" in January and don't eat much "pig"
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Indiana girl here to debate the "nastiness" of ground pork! We have a thing here called "porkburgers" - in fact, there is a town that has a festival devoted to the things. If you are ever here, please try one!
    Fair enough - in my experience, they are nasty - but if you Indianans (?) do it right, I'm game.
  • Todzilla7
    Todzilla7 Posts: 24
    Options
    BOTH!!! Pig for ribs, bacon, ham, and tenderloin... Cow for steaks... You can eat lean from either.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Cow.

I dislike bacon. A lot. I used to like it. Now I don't do well w/ it
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Cow!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Difficult choice, need to combine the 2, front half a pig, back half a cow, it could be called a piow
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cow for me, but only because I'm not really a pork fan aside from bacon and my grandmother's holiday hams.

Also, my husband and I have easy access to grass-fed, hormone-free angus as we raise them ourselves! Yum!
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    Pig!
    I just love bacon and sausages, and beef and steak is too chewy since I got braces anyway! ;-)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm an ethical carnivore. 35 years of *not* eating factory farmed meat.

So, pig, cow, either is fine as long as you know your farmer. And I got made fun of for stating this at lunch today but it's true--grass fed beef has HALF the fat of factory farmed.

I'm only 26, but this haha
    As long as it isn't factory farmed and free range than I'm ok with both

HOWEVER

I prefer seafood & venison
    I live in SW michigan....lots of lakes and deer

VENISON wrapped with Bacon is better than cow wrapped in bacon! So I guess Ill have to go with pig!