Are you a slob or neat freak?

Options

Replies

• Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would be a neat freak if I wasn't so lazy :)

This is totally me! LOL I'm so obsessive that I won't start a project I know I don't have time to finish so I'm at both ends of the spectrum. Some days I get up and clean until I pass out... but then I don't have the energy to do it again for a month or two.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Options
    I am a complete neat freak! Got six kids I need to be..... They keep asking to get fired from cleaning, and hoping I hire someone to do it! :smile:

I WAS a neat freak UNTIL I had 5 kids. And I clean and tidy every single day. It's like fighting the tide.

5 kids here too... I don't fight the tide until I can't stand the mess anymore. I don't have the time or the energy.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Options
    Can one of you neat freaks organize my house for me?

lol
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Depends, but I've mostly been obsessively neat and compulsively clean. I started letting things slide in college, just to maintain my sanity. I like being able to overlook the mess when I need to if life is too busy to keep a perfect house.

To the person that loves their new reorganized pantry-- I can relate. When I reorganize a pantry or closet, I go back and admire my handiwork and feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. Doesn't change the state of the world, but it sure improves the state of my world :laugh:
  • cinnamongrrrl
    Options
    I am in between. I think I would be a lot cleaner if it weren't for my tornado 2 year old, my needy 6 months old and my slob 10 and 15 year old sons. My husband helps out some but he can walk past everything and not be bothered. I on the other hand sit and look at my house which can get messy, but not really too dirty, and I have a freak out and start crying because I cant seem to keep up with it. And on top of it you would think I would be thinner since Im always bending over picking up stuff. LOL
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Can one of you neat freaks organize my house for me?

lol

I'll clean your house if you clean mine!! LOL
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I am In Between....I tend to put stuff down and never put it up...Example....M-F...My shoes/purses stack up in my front room and by Saturday I am just not putting them up.....I leave cabinets open....don't screw the tops all the way on items.( ALL frustrates the crap out of my family and my S/O..Neat freak normally has everything in order...I am very clean...but organizing can someone make you sort of a slob.....
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm a everything has it's place freak :)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I am OCD neat freak! I hate clutter!!!
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm a neat freak in the Kitchen. My kitchen MUSt be spotless!!! I'm clean but not OCD
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wish OCD was contagious!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

This is totally me! LOL I'm so obsessive that I won't start a project I know I don't have time to finish so I'm at both ends of the spectrum. Some days I get up and clean until I pass out... but then I don't have the energy to do it again for a month or two.
    [/quote]

^^^^^ I am the EXACT same way! glad to know I am not alone!! I dont have as many kids, only 2 my son and my husband.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Monday to Friday a clean freak! Saturday and Sunday yep enter with caution we don't care :-)
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm a neat freak with my kitchen and bathroom... the rest of my house will be a mess until somebody else decides to clean after themselves!!!

yup this is me!!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    in between. i can live with clutter, but not dirty things.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Definitely a neat freak
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm a total slob. Not with my appearance though... obviously or I wouldn't be on this site.
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    i am a bit of both, some days I am so much of a neat freak and nearly kill myself of laughter and other days i cant be bothered x
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am a complete neat freak! Got six kids I need to be..... They keep asking to get fired from cleaning, and hoping I hire someone to do it! :smile:

I WAS a neat freak UNTIL I had 5 kids. And I clean and tidy every single day. It's like fighting the tide.

6 kids.... it sucks I am the type person where .. umm I cant have clutter anywhere.. the house is immaculate till they all come home~ even the little ones know to pick up when we are home *2yr old and the 4* yr old.. ... I mean if the rug is outta place I have to fix it .. all the common areas are always clean.. the only mess is my room.. but I only go there to sleep.. if people come over I clean every room in the house.. its like I am nesting all over again. .. lol
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    neat freak.