Diet pepsi

Options
I like to drink Diet Pepsi at least once or twice a day, and I am not sure if I should be drinking it at all !! Some advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated..

Replies

• SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    I have removed my Diet Cola intake a long time ago. I recently read and saw something on the news how the fake sweeteners although non caloric, they mess up your internal organs with some crap. One or two a week shouldn't be bad if you can do that...
  • davidduggin
    davidduggin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some might say it's bad for you but I drink them and they add no calories. If you can stand the "burps" I think it's okay. Good luck
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Carbonation may reduce fat loss by binding to fat cells, which slows down weight loss, according to Fit Day.

And, on a personal note, if I run within 24 hours of drinking a carbonated beverage I feel like I'm gonna keel over from stomach cramps.

Also, artificial sweeteners are not supposed to be good for you (but then again, what is life with artificial sweetener - not nearly so much fun!)
  • luckyk26
    luckyk26 Posts: 12
    Options
    I think it depends on you. I've heard people say that fake sugar hinders weight loss or can acutally make you gain weight. But I have lost weight in the past and have known others to lose weight and use fake sugar. Also I have heard that caffeine can slow or stall weight loss - again I never gave it up and still lost weight. Although if I did give up my caffeine I wouldn't have to worry about being fat anymore because the evilness of caffeine withdrawal would drive everyone I know away lol. By the way - I write this with my 20oz Diet Pepsi next to me. Just see what works for you.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have been a Diet Pepsi addict for over 30 years! I always believed that it was not part of the problem with my not being able to lose weight. I gave it up after hearing that new studies have shown that diet drinks may increase the cravings for sweets. Believe it or not (and trust me I didn't want to) once I got over the withdrawal from caffeine, I DO NOT crave sweets anymore. It's been over 4 weeks since I had a DP. Sorta miss them, but not the need to eat sweets all the time. Good luck! Try drinking lightly sweetened tea for awhile so you won't have the bad headaches. I only drink water now and no one I know can believe it!
    PS: Check out the sodium content!
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to be a diet coke addict. I kept getting really sick and so I went to the doc. Turns out "diet" drinks are terrible!!! They can increase your cravings for sugar as well as damage your stomach and colon. Now that I have cut back to 1 a week I feel much better and the weight loss is quicker. My advice is this-if you want a soda get the real thing. Once you realize how many calories you waste you won't want it as much.

Best wishes!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to drink tons of diet soda. turns out it was the reason of my migraines and vertigo like symptoms. after cat scans and other test were done with no significant diagnosis my MD recommended i reduce my diet soda and artificial sweetener intake. Best thing i ever did! Migraines gone and I feel one hundred times better. After doing my own research on artificial sweeteners I stay away from them 100%. I now use stevia and real sugar. For me it is worth staying clear from artificial sweeteners but others have no problems with them what so ever so to each is own.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Diet Pepsi at least once or twice a day, and I am not sure if I should be drinking it at all !! Some advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated..

Here are the responses you will get to your post:
    1) it's better than drinking soda with sugar
    2) all artificial sweetners and items that contain them are horrible and should be avoided
    3) all artificial sweetners are horrible and will lead you to a very early death
    4) the person who posted item 3 is an idiot
    5) artificial sweetners are fine, no research has been done that shows any danger
    6) the person who posted item 5 is an idiot.
    7) OH YEAH?? so are you!
    8) I know you are but what am I?
    9) repeat posts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 over and over for the next couple hundred posts.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    and a PS- I drink 4-6 diet cokes a day. I don't get migraines. I've lost 30 pounds in 6 months. I'm turning 50 in a month and have sucked the DC at this level for more than 20 years. I don't get sick, have never had the flu, couldn't tell you the last time I missed 2 days in a row of work because I wasn't feeling well.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi crippled my dog. j/k
  • rjt1000
    Options

is "diet pepsi" the name of the pit bull that lives next door to you?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options

is "diet pepsi" the name of the pit bull that lives next door to you?
    lol, no. Harley is his name and he doesn't like pepsi either. Sorry for the hijack.