I need of help, I'm unable to eat the calorie intake

Options
I am struggling to eat the recommended daily calorie intake, due to my 10 week old baby taking up all my time does anyone have any advice

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Try to keep healthy snacks at hand.
    Carrots, natural peanut butter on whole grian toast, nuts, and some cut veggies may be!
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a high needs baby and struggled with this as well in the beginning. When I had an extra hand at home I would bag up treats and label what it was and how many calories were in each bag. Apples with peanut butter, nuts, sliced turkey, chopped veggies etc. Then even when I was nursing, every time I sat down, I would grab a snack bag and much while baby did. Good luck and congrats Mama!:flowerforyou:
  • anunknownmouse
    Options
    Nuts are extremely calorie dense, and a great source of fat. Protein shakes are pretty quick as far as protein goes. Carb sources are everywhere. There are plenty of easy foods with big amounts of calories that won't eat up too much of your time.
  • judyellis1
    judyellis1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Full fat cheese and dairy products
    Peanut butter
    Nuts
    Raisins and other dried fruit
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when my son was born, I just didnt have an appetite, lots of healthy calorie rich snacks will help you. Just keep it in smaller bites every hour or so.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Maybe some healthy calorie dense foods? So the little time you get to eat, you can get to your goal.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hummus, and peanut butter, any kind of nut is high calorie at small amounts!!
  • email4jenp
    email4jenp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You could also grab a shake as a snack, it's something you can easily bring along with you as you chase that 10 month old. :o) I have 3 boys and my youngest learned to walk at 8 months and he was running by 10 months. NEVER thought that would happen, kept me busy!
  • PetuniaJoy
    PetuniaJoy Posts: 2
    Options
    I like Vega whole food optimizer. You can check out the product information at myvega.com. This product was recommended to me by a personal trainer. It can be expensive but, in my opinion, it is worth every penny! The cost is about $60.00 for a large container and $30.00 for a small container. I prefer the plain flavor.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some calorie dense foods to your meals? Adding healthy fats/protein like nuts(a sleeve of almonds has about 260 calories and is easy to eat), peanut butter, avacado./guacamole, full fat cheeses, olives/olive oil, whole milk, bananas, and protein shakes would probably be a better option than adding calories from high sugar foods. Most of those are no cook and can be eaten in a hurry. Good luck!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I have a high needs baby and struggled with this as well in the beginning. When I had an extra hand at home I would bag up treats and label what it was and how many calories were in each bag. Apples with peanut butter, nuts, sliced turkey, chopped veggies etc. Then even when I was nursing, every time I sat down, I would grab a snack bag and much while baby did. Good luck and congrats Mama!:flowerforyou:
    This.