How much weight did you lose in your first month?

Options

Replies

• Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    OP,this was a great thread to start. I feel so inspired by everyone!
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    12 lbs. At the beginning I had about 105 to lose. I would say the closer you are to goal weight the slower it comes off.
    Now I'm at 7-10 lbs/month.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs in my first 3 weeks then I "quit" for the following 2 weeks now im on again in my 6th week and dont weigh in till monday, I really wonder how much more I could of lost in that last week of my first month...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    In my first month I lost 16.5 lbs, it was pretty amazing actually.
    Went from sittin on the couch eating crap to eating right or better and exercising.
  • WJS83
    WJS83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almost 20lbs first month (19.8 / 9Kg)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I lost 17lbs my first month with MFP. Tomorrow it will be month 4 and it will be a little over 50lbs. However, I did start out at 226lbs, so I had more to lose.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    13 pounds the first month.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lbs in my first month. I was exercising every day though, worked a very physical job, and was keeping my calories scary low. It back fired. When I finally got to 23lbs lost my weight loss completely stalled out.
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW it astounds me how many pounds folks have lost in only the first month of MFP!!

i lost a measly 3 my first month of entering calories (and watching to keep to my goal calorie count per day), but it wasn't till my second month that i lost five more...i lost my 40 pounds VERY slowly (over seven months), but i am keeping it off!

i think good exercise and weight training will get you down a size too.
    :happy:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    lost 20lbs my first month...by my third month I had lost 40lbs...which was great...but the last 6 months I have managed to only lose about another 15 - 20 lbs...
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    17 lbs
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.27 kg my first month.. but my clothes felt different..
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    10 lbs!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds in my first 4 weeks. But, I was pretty sure part of that was just water. Since then, I have been losing 10-15 a month.
  • karentwitty
    Options
    Thirteen pounds in the first month! I am delighted. Really enjoy the MyFitnessPal on iPad - most user-friendly. :tongue:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost somewhere between 27 and 30 lbs but I was the size of a mountain.
  • buffymarie1
    Options
    This is my first month and i lost 4 pounds.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs the first month that I re-joined on this account in Sept 2011. I had already lost 26 lbs which took forever because I was always so hungry and could not stay on a diet until I had lap band. Now, for the first time in my entire life, I know what a normal person's hunger is like! No wonder so many people aren't fat like I was! lol. I still have to avoid emotional eating and sometimes that is very hard, but I am learning to deal with it:) FINALLY!! :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    About 5or 6 lbs. I have kept that average up. Been here 3 months :)
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thats depends on how muchyou need to loose and is different for everybody. Depends on nutrition and excercise but I've read that 2 pound a week is the helathiest way althugh like I said it depends.

Hope this helps.:smile: