Poll: Where are you from?

Options

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Born and raised - East Chain, MN, which NOBODY has ever heard of!!!:laugh:
    Bounced around the world courtesy of the US Army 1982-2000
    1992-current - Junction City, KS (home of Ft. Riley)

YEAH, Dysfunction City Kansas!!! I had to drive down to Riley last week. I would rather hang myself then drive out there from KC. Ugh....man, I feel for ya.
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Anaheim, CA

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Rhode Island
    Yes it is a state and no it's not part of NY:grumble:

LMBO!:laugh: Do people actually ask you that?

I've had people tell me it can't be a state because they have never heard of it.
    One person said she looked it up on a map and we are only a dot so it can't be a real state.:noway:
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Rhode Island

I've had people tell me it can't be a state because they have never heard of it.
    One person said she looked it up on a map and we are only a dot so it can't be a real state.:noway:

So did these people sleep thru US History???:noway:
  • xsargex
    Options
    Rhode Island

i think that would actually be U.S. Geography? But I'm no scholar by any means.
  • glitterlynx
    Options
    New Mexico. :smile:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Born and Raised in Portland, Oregon
    Moved to Colorado 13 years ago, and reside between Denver and Boulder!

I miss the rain!!! And water. Can't wait for the snow though :love:

MISS the rain???? I'm not looking forward to it. Yikes..... :grumble: :noway:
    SNOW!??? Got snowed in 2004 & 2008, in Portland where it "never" snows! :laugh:

I'm a SUN Bunny for sure! From CA (perfect!) & AZ (too much!)
    I Love Portland & Oregon! Can't beat the Green Trees & Lifestyle!
  • barbarella
    Options
    Oregon's City of Sunshine!

Where is that? Do tell......... :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Shanon
    Options
    Ogden, Utah here!!!!

229297.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Live in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Rhode Island

i think that would actually be U.S. Geography? But I'm no scholar by any means.

I wonder if these are the same people who say we have 51 states and our first president was Ben Franklin!:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WTJoyce
    Options
    Boston, Massachusetts.
  • shaleah77
    Options
    Born and raised in Detroit, MI (and lived all over the metro area)
    lived in;
    Ft. Hood, TX
    Covington, LA
    Traverse City, MI (area)
    currently in El Paso, TX :sick: (moving by Christmas, I just don't know where to next :laugh: )
  • cmlanctot
    Options
    Connecticut. Gotta love New England
  • mkwood10
    Options
    Born and raised - East Chain, MN, which NOBODY has ever heard of!!!:laugh:
    Bounced around the world courtesy of the US Army 1982-2000
    1992-current - Junction City, KS (home of Ft. Riley)

YEAH, Dysfunction City Kansas!!! I had to drive down to Riley last week. I would rather hang myself then drive out there from KC. Ugh....man, I feel for ya.

Hey exsargex, don't be slamming on JC.....it's not the same place it was 20+ years ago, but people would rather repeat the same old stupid stuff than admit that the place has changed..........for the better. :grumble: :grumble:

We thought the same old stuff when we got sent back here in 1991, but were very surprised to see how much it'd changed since the "gals" hung out at 10th& Washington on payday weekends!! We CHOSE to buy and live in JC rather than Manhattan. :wink:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    No No Santa Cruz, CA The Lockheed fire...the most expensive this year (no wonder were in debt) was down the road from me. Great Helicopter shots. Everyone is OK though.
    Hey, I'm originally from Santa Cruz! Well, Boulder Creek actually. I miss it terribly!!

Oh that's nice to know....so where are you now? Do you like it better?
    Phoenix, AZ and I HATE it. No trees, no water, big city. It's pretty gross. But I've been here 15 years now and can afford to live here comfortably so I don't see us moving. I just visit as often as I can!

Entirely different Eco system. So yes your use to Giant Redwoods, Summer morning Fog to cool down the hot days of summer & the beach within a stones throw....no wonder you miss it.:tongue: Just Teasing. I love Arizona. But on the bright side...you probably have AC house, a beautiful big cool pool & a awesome covered patio with a BBQ built in and now redwood leaves dropping on your car to make red stains??? See now who has it good?:laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy, enjoy. The grass isn't always greener. unless you live in OR like Barbara:wink:
    Your killing me! I even miss the redwood droppings! Even if they did ruin my favorite blouse in high school because my mom hung it to dry outside!

LOL I told my husband yesterday about you & how your from here originally...1st thing he said was Arizona? "No Trees".

I love the dry look & he loves the Tree Look. So we have a Rock Water Fall less the Water in our yard. I have an idea....lets trade:laugh:

No wonder your skinny...the heat wreaks my appetite! Am I right or what?:smokin:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Me = Omaha, Nebraska....

Next ~

I'm originally from Omaha, NE - born and raised in fact!!! I now reside in OKC, OKla.
  • xsargex
    Options

Hey exsargex, don't be slamming on JC.....it's not the same place it was 20+ years ago, but people would rather repeat the same old stupid stuff than admit that the place has changed..........for the better. :grumble: :grumble:

We thought the same old stuff when we got sent back here in 1991, but were very surprised to see how much it'd changed since the "gals" hung out at 10th& Washington on payday weekends!! We CHOSE to buy and live in JC rather than Manhattan. :wink:

hahahahha. Yeah alot of the crime and drugs moved over to Salina, that city has gone down the crapper the last few years. I agree that whole area has tripled since I used to live in Manhattan. I was in a band back in 97-98, our guitarist was born and raised in JC. We'd go out there and pick him up for practice... it was bad (as you stated) hookers, drugs, shootings & stabbings. Most of the soldiers didn't even wanna hang out in JC, haha.

p.s. i meant i'd rather hang myself then make the "drive" out there and back. 70 is the lamest drive thru Kansas.
  • barbarella
    Options
    No No Santa Cruz, CA The Lockheed fire...the most expensive this year (no wonder were in debt) was down the road from me. Great Helicopter shots. Everyone is OK though.
    Hey, I'm originally from Santa Cruz! Well, Boulder Creek actually. I miss it terribly!!

Oh that's nice to know....so where are you now? Do you like it better?
    Phoenix, AZ and I HATE it. No trees, no water, big city. It's pretty gross. But I've been here 15 years now and can afford to live here comfortably so I don't see us moving. I just visit as often as I can!

Entirely different Eco system. So yes your use to Giant Redwoods, Summer morning Fog to cool down the hot days of summer & the beach within a stones throw....no wonder you miss it.:tongue: Just Teasing. I love Arizona. But on the bright side...you probably have AC house, a beautiful big cool pool & a awesome covered patio with a BBQ built in and now redwood leaves dropping on your car to make red stains??? See now who has it good?:laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy, enjoy. The grass isn't always greener. unless you live in OR like Barbara:wink:
    Your killing me! I even miss the redwood droppings! Even if they did ruin my favorite blouse in high school because my mom hung it to dry outside!

LOL I told my husband yesterday about you & how your from here originally...1st thing he said was Arizona? "No Trees".

I love the dry look & he loves the Tree Look. So we have a Rock Water Fall less the Water in our yard. I have an idea....lets trade:laugh:

No wonder your skinny...the heat wreaks my appetite! Am I right or what?:smokin:

No trees in AZ.... that's for true! Unless you count cacti?? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
    I was in "plant & flower shock" moving to 'green OR' from 'brown AZ' in May.

AZ is most beautiful in the spring & winter.
    OR is most beautiful in the summer & fall.
    CA is most beautiful all the dang time!
    I'll take a home in each place please! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Virginia (Danville) I think im the only one from va on your post...:smile::laugh: :happy: