Losing weight, but I

Options
I am losing about 2lbs a week but I am starting to notice that I have alot of excess skin, I do 30-45 minutes of cardio a day. My Dr. told me it's because of having my kids so close together, but what I want to know is how to get rid of it. It is more my lower stomach area than anything. Any suggestions will help

Replies

• docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Keeping it moisturized and exfoliated, and letting time do its job. It can take up to two years for loose skin to diminish, and it's mostly determined by genetics.
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    They have moisturizers on the market that are supposed to tighten lose skin--- DO they work????
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I would add strength training to your work out regimen. Alternating days with cardio. I'm starting to see mine tightening up. Also the faster you lose the more loose skin you will have. Your body needs time to catch up. Slow & steady is better.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    They have moisturizers on the market that are supposed to tighten lose skin--- DO they work????

No. Don't waste your money.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ha, I pretty much Just asked this same question, but mine was is it possble to get a flat stomach after pregnancy.
  • Belkisvera
    Belkisvera Posts: 2
    Options
    Exercise with strength training targeting the problem areas!
  • Deltafliers
    Options
    I would add strength training to your work out regimen. Alternating days with cardio. I'm starting to see mine tightening up. Also the faster you lose the more loose skin you will have. Your body needs time to catch up. Slow & steady is better.

Would it be a problem to lose quickly? I mean could you still lose quickly, and then go back to shaping? I only ask because my man is deployed so my weight loss goal is for when he comes home...I would prefer to have him speechless.
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your skin is stretched and depending on many factors including age, genetics, amount of loss and how quickly it came off will determine how long it will take to re-tighten. Sometimes, depending on the above, it doesn't.

Keep dropping off the pound and do some ressisance training and see how it goes. In the end, you are always better off being at a healty weight.

Good luck and keep moving.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

^ This! ^
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I've had good luck with Neutrogena Firming lotion-- but it's not perfect and doesn't fix it-- it just makes it less bad.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

Would it be a problem to lose quickly? I mean could you still lose quickly, and then go back to shaping? I only ask because my man is deployed so my weight loss goal is for when he comes home...I would prefer to have him speechless.

Of course you can. It may be a little harder but it can be done. But like someone mention above as well genetics can play a factor.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Strength training will help tone as you lose. Cardio will drop the weight, but it really helps to be tightening and toning as you lose. I did the reverse when I started out. Strength training with very little cardio. I think the combination is the best solution. When I did solely strength, my body composition (lean body mass to fat) changed, but I weighed almost the same. I just upped my cardio and am finally seeing the scale move.

It will take time, but you definitely want the slow, steady loss if you want your body to be able to keep up.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ha, I pretty much Just asked this same question, but mine was is it possble to get a flat stomach after pregnancy.

You CAN get a flat tummy. Depending on how much you stretched it, you might still have a little loose skin. Mine went back to flat and stretch free after the first baby; flat, but not bikini ready after the second; and flat, but with loose skin after the twins. Good luck! I think strength training and running are your best bets for getting your flat tummy back. One of the demonstrators in the Chalean Extreme program had 7 babies (including quadruplets), and she looks great! Don't lose hope!
  • Deltafliers
    Options

Of course you can. It may be a little harder but it can be done. But like someone mention above as well genetics can play a factor.

lol, I wish genetics could be an indicator for me, but my overweight hyperglycemic dad thinks a great meal is bread and gravy, or placing half a stick of butter into steamed veggies, and my skinny hypoglycemic mom has never given a hoot about exercise. Unfortunately, I have never met any of my extended family. And I would prefer to lose the weight, so that hopefully I never discover I have type 2 diabetes. :o)
  • Deltafliers
    Options

You CAN get a flat tummy. Depending on how much you stretched it, you might still have a little loose skin. Mine went back to flat and stretch free after the first baby; flat, but not bikini ready after the second; and flat, but with loose skin after the twins. Good luck! I think strength training and running are your best bets for getting your flat tummy back. One of the demonstrators in the Chalean Extreme program had 7 babies (including quadruplets), and she looks great! Don't lose hope!

I don't know how much I truly stretched it, but I have seen stretch marks on other feels but mine are few and barely visible.
  • flcherrybomb
    Options
    I have the same issues I have dropped 60 lbs of course it wasnt fast except for the last 34 lbs letls just say its not been a friend lol try cocoa butter I heard that helps I havent tried it personally I figure it is what it is and noone is going to see it but me so as long as Im healthy and I look and feel good thats all I personally care about ...
  • flcherrybomb
    Options
    what about c section ? I had a csection 10 years ago and was told by a trainer there wasnt much I would b able to do .
  • Deltafliers
    Options
    what about c section ? I had a csection 10 years ago and was told by a trainer there wasnt much I would b able to do .

My sister had a c-section and was told the muscle wouldn't mend back together, and that her abs would always be weaker.....
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

My sister had a c-section and was told the muscle wouldn't mend back together, and that her abs would always be weaker.....

There are ladies on MFP that have had a c-sections and their stomach's are flat. Some women's muscle do mend back. I guess its the luck of the draw. There is a thread somewhere on this board with pics.