Better get this over with! :)

Options
Thought since I finally posted on another board I best introduce myself! I'm coming to the end of my second week on here and have really enjoyed this site. What got me started trying to control my eating was when I realized I wouldn't be able to go to my nephews graduation because the seating is stadium seating and there's no way I could do the stairs, it made me realize how close I was to becoming disabled due to my weight. How mortifying, I'm disgusted with myself! I've been overweight my whole life and although I wont have all my weight off by the time I reach 50 at the end of this year I will be much lighter! I don't have a lot of time to be on these boards but would love to get to know some of you :smile:

Replies

• TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm new too and also on my second week! Love this site and we are all here to motivate and accomplish our goals. You can do it! Please feel free to add me. :-)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Friends make this journey so much easier. Not sure if I'd be where I am without them. Please add me if you would like to share support and experiences.
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    congrats on the start of your journey what is it with fifty year olds who come to this decision why oh why didnt we think of it 10 or more years ago i have been on this site for 8 months now and doing it slow and steady i have lost 16 kilos so far and feel fabulous still have another 10 to go but im in no hurry little bit at a time and im learning good eating habits. add me if you like