Does "Insanity" work?

Options
Hello all! :) Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure if I should put it here or in the "exercise" one. Anyway I've been stuck at the same weight (going up and down from 149-151) for over a month now and after reading many posts saying to up your calories to see results and such, I decided to give it a go. However I still haven't lost anything and It's been about 2 weeks. So this leads me to my main question, Is Insanity a good workout/ worth the money? Or would I be better off with other exercises? I don't have a lot of money (I'm in college) but I think I need to switch my exercise up to see more loss. Any and all help is much appreciated in both diet and exercise tips. My diary is also open however... be warned... XD I was getting bummed so I had quite of bit of ice cream lol. Thank you guys a bunch!

Replies

• reach53
    reach53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too!
    I am scared I will stop losing on such a workout program...
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    Insanity was one of the most amazing workouts I've ever come across and def worth the money. I lost about 12 lbs in 7 weeks doing the program and noticed AMAZING results in my abs and legs (my problem areas). I had been stuck for about a month when I started the program and 3 days into the workouts the weight just started to drop off. It's not an easy program and you need to be VERY careful not to over do it because one injury will keep you from being able to finish (week 7 I tweeked my back and wasn't able to finish week 8). But I plan on starting the 8 weeks back up in about a month after I'm all re-cooped and I miss it every day I can't pop the DVD in because it truely becomes addictive!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary & it seems that you're eating way too little but high in sodium which are the main reasons you're not losing weight. And I frequently see cheez-its which are junk foods so you better off eating whole foods instead.

As for Insanity, I still haven't tried it but there are many who swear by it so I guess it works. However as they say the path to a better body is 80% nutrition & only 20% exercise. So no matter how great & effective your workouts are but if you don't support it with enough nutrition then nothing will happen. You can't outrain a bad diet & never use being "bummed" as an excuse to eat crap.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have not tried t yet but have seen amazing results in the success story section for Insanity. If you are not really hungry I would not up my calories (unless you were eating too little). If you start a new workout and it makes you feel really hungry then for sure eat the extra, but if you don't need it I would not think t is the way to go. (But that is just me, some swear by it, others don't.) I did up mine when I increased my exercise and did lose weight.

A lot of these workouts you can buy used on craigslist or at garage sales, some people post them online from time to time, and there are free workouts on the fitness magazine site. If you have netflix there are some good workouts on there also.

But from what i have seen on this site i would say insanity works. people look great after when they post their pics.
  • nicolejanine87
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for a little over 2 weeks now. I have not been losing much on the scale but I can notice a difference in my body. Losing 6 inches in 2 weeks sounds like it's working to me! :)
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There are some great YouTube videos people made of their progress. Watching them makes me certain that if I did it at home I would literally fall through the floor. Those jumps are high!!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    im on day 2 today and the fit test was hard enough lol. i read up on this and was amazed but the results i was seeing. good luck
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your answers everyone! :) @ LaMujer: I will try to make my diet more clean and less sodium because that may very well be a reason... but honestly it's really hard not to grab crackers and stuff like that because of school. I go there every day and I don't have a car so lunch bags besides a sandwich are kinda not possible... not to mention that cafeteria food is way worse than anything I could bring from home! lol And yeah I know bummed is a bad excuse but after over a month of working out like crazy and watching my diet... bummed is what I was, but I bounced back. ;D Thanks for your tips!

@ Euro, I didn't even think of that! I'll definitely have to check around youtube for vids, thanks!

@ Everyone else, it seems like it does work really well then, I'll start looking around to see if I can find it for cheap. :) Thank you!

Any more comments or suggestions are more than welcome btw! :DDD
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes Insanity DOES work!! 2 of my teamamtes are now doing 1 is 2 months in and the other just started.. I would be happy to get your more info.
    Hello all! :) Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure if I should put it here or in the "exercise" one. Anyway I've been stuck at the same weight (going up and down from 149-151) for over a month now and after reading many posts saying to up your calories to see results and such, I decided to give it a go. However I still haven't lost anything and It's been about 2 weeks. So this leads me to my main question, Is Insanity a good workout/ worth the money? Or would I be better off with other exercises? I don't have a lot of money (I'm in college) but I think I need to switch my exercise up to see more loss. Any and all help is much appreciated in both diet and exercise tips. My diary is also open however... be warned... XD I was getting bummed so I had quite of bit of ice cream lol. Thank you guys a bunch!
  • Trayse24
    Trayse24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my husband has been using insanity since Jan 2012 - he still hasn't completed an entire 45 min dvd - he's getting further about 35-40 minutes. It's very intense but if you are dedicated it works - the work out are awesome - but again intense-& yes, I believe it works, but you have to be dedicated
  • jazziesaj11
    Options
    Thanks again! :) I've seen it on ebay (used) for $45-59, That's a lot cheaper than $90 i suppose.
  • shannonbc99
    Options
    Insanity is amazing! I've only on my third week and I've lost 10 pounds! I absolutely love it! Even though you sweat a lot and it's probably the hardest workout ever, it's totally worth it when you start seeing results!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's pretty highly regarded and from the sound of it, VERY challenging. If you stick with it, you WILL improve your fitness tremendously, provided that your nutrition is sound.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Yes Insanity does work!! I have done it 2 times full rounds missing just a few days, and I will say my first round I lost 2 1/4 inches in my waiste, and the second time I lost more, but didn't take measurements. I'm getting ready to start it again to get ready for summer! If you do decide to get it, just beware, it is intense, but if you stick with it it will get easier, but will never be easy if that makes any sense! good luck!
  • jazziesaj11
    Options
    Wow! O.O The results sound waaayyyy worth the intensity> (whoa play off words xD) lol. Okay I'm sold. I'm kind of a baby when it comes to exercise when I'm by myself, but I'm serious about losing these last 20 lbs so I'm gonna try! :D
  • shyzhel
    shyzhel Posts: 7
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet and I just got the whole set today but when I was experiencing plateau I just tried switching my workouts to lose weight and since the Insanity workout set was a bit expensive for I've tried a different dvd that also has plyometrics. Try the Cardio Interval Burn DVD by Michelle Dozois. It has Plyo, Aerobics and Kickboxing at the same. I have been using this dvd for over a month now and I am still sweating everytime I do it and I see results!

Good luck on your exercise and losing weight! ;-)
  • sarahdidley
    Options
    Insanity has done amazing things for me. It does work but it is tough and you have to be willing to commit to it. I have an online support workout group on facebook. We keep eachother going and share results. You can find me here and I can answer any more questions anyone has! http://www.facebook.com/cortney.meyers.9?ref=ts#!/sarah.dudley.714
  • andrew_dodson
    Options
    I literally bought Insanity at a used DVD store for $5.

True story.

I'm on Day 3 and I don't think I've sweat this much in months, it's exactly the boost you need. Just be sure to eat a lot of protein, greens, fruit, and drink a lot of water. And once you're done, see a nutritionist so you can get a professional examination and see what you need to do to maintain without having to kill yourself 6 days/week for the rest of your life.

It looks really hopeful though, I'm very excited to finish this.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This Monday (7-30-12) my husband and I will be going into Month 2 of Insanity.....sort of scared, as I've heard the second month is so much harder but people seem to like it better. We'll see. I have lost inches and body fat. I'm still wait on seeing those abs!! lol What I have noticed with Month 1 is that my indurance in other exercises has boosted tremendously!! I can now do regular push ups with ease and girl push ups feel pointless. Insanity will make you sweat like you've never sweated in your life!!!!
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Insanity as with all other programs currently on the market work, however results most certainly will vary. If weight loss and maintenance are your fundamental goals, you will need more than just videos to sustain any accomplishments from any program regardless of the fanfare tied to them. (This is where I am generally preaching to the choir but, then I digress). Diet and nutrition are key and honestly more of the building blocks than any exercise program. If you're able to achieve goals in the kitchen/pantry first, adding an exercise program will only boost your accomplishments. Good luck regardless and Be Well!