Why am I so hungry in the evenings? - Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try a piece of fruit at about 9pm or when you feel hungry. It sounds weird, but it is filling and helps. I always eat one fruit at night and I have consistently lost weight doing this.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't like being hungry in the evenings while I'm watching tv or whatnot because I end up snacking. I eat lighter during the day and have big dinners. I also eat dinner closer to 8 then 5 or 6. That way, I'm not looking for a snack before bed.
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just an idea, no matter what you eat before bed, drink a big glass of water or two with it to help digest it quickly.

Another idea is try a mug of some chicken/beef/veggie broth. I find it helps me fall asleep easier.
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't like being hungry in the evenings while I'm watching tv or whatnot because I end up snacking. I eat lighter during the day and have big dinners. I also eat dinner closer to 8 then 5 or 6. That way, I'm not looking for a snack before bed.

This is me too. I tend to have a snack at 4.30 then something after dinner. I build it into my allowance. Nothing big for a snack - I think I just like to have something sweet
  • silkandsugar
    silkandsugar Posts: 125
    Options
    If you're actually hungry as in hunger not cravings then you should divide your calories up during the day differently.