Inexpensive Women's Jeans

Options

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but I LOVE Rue21. You can get awesome, stylish jeans around $25 and they always have amazing sales and jeans are $8-$15 on those racks.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx or Marshalls
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul, Value Village. Also Zafu.com is great--they'll tell you your perfect jean brand/size based on measurements. I usually take this to ebay.com and buy them there. :D
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Local consignment shops or places like TJ Maxx or Ross.

I love consignment shops.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I go to the thrift store, last time I got 5 shirts and 5 pants for about 50$. some people turn their nose up but I've found new stuff with the tags on it @ my salvation army. Some people buy new stuff and donate it or donate gifts they don't like. I wash it all once or twice and have had no problems.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, Old Navy, JCPenney (St. Johns Bay). I never spend more than $30 on jeans. Actually, I have an Eddie Bauer outlet near by and was able to get "transition" jeans for $12.
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Idk where you live but I was in Macy's the other day and their jeans were $24. When I got to the checkout she said $10.50 please. Now, they aren't name brand, but I don't care, they fit really nice and that's what's important to me. Alot of the department stores have great sales on quite regularly.
    Congrats on being half way to your goal!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Lucky brand jeans at TJMaxx for $14.99 -- some people swear by thrift shops, but I hit up places like TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, etc.
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    craigslist :D I got three pairs (that I hope will fit me by end of summer) for $10.00
    they were only worn twice :D
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy.
  • Jljones2787
    Jljones2787 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm with everyone who said Goodwill. I went and bout a $50 pair of AE jeans and I'm still kicking myself for it because they are too big on me now. I've got Gap, Bongo, and Levi's at my Goodwill for $6 a pair.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    In the UK George at Asda does some great-fitting jeans at around £14. I believe they sell exactly the same brand in Wal-Mart.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Target's jeans are inexpensive and often last season's styles are in the clearance section... I got a pair of black skinnies for $12. Also check Marshall's/TJMaxx/Ross.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Target's new fit system is pretty awesome. I'm a "Fit 4".
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I almost ALWAYS buy my jeans second-hand, usually Goodwill. They are already broken-in and comfortable, but a lot of them are in great condition. You can find some pretty expensive brands for about $5 a piece.

I have a very extensive wardrobe of Express Design Studio, Banana Republic, etc. ALL from Goodwill. It's probably several thousand dollars worth of stuff and I'm sure I only spent a hundred bucks or so on all of it. Our Goodwill stores around here have quarter sales every Wednesday, so sometimes I'll walk about with a pile of clothes and I only spent a couple bucks.
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    Old Navy & Forever21
  • tlmaier
    tlmaier Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been buying "Just My Size" jeans at Walmart. They are less than $20 and are a little stretchy to give a great fit. Keep up the good work!!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Goodwill or whatever thrift store you have. I spend about $6 a pair, which is helpful when you're switching out of sizes every few months.

Also, if you dig a little bit, you can find REALLY good brands. I got my daughter a pair of Apple Bottoms for $7. You really just can't beat it.
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just got a new pair from Target, and I love them! They were definately less than $30
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I splurged on a couple pairs of new jeans anyhow. For me I need to feel good seeing the changes and not frumpy hanging onto clothes that don't fit nicely. I purchased 2 pairs that were under $30 each and one expensive pair that makes me look awesome.

The feeling is so amazing and so worth it especially mentally for me.

If you really can't afford to I recommend second-hand stores, there are often great treasures in there at amazing prices!