Out of the mouths of babes...

Options
rprussell2004
rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
Okay, so I've been doing this for about 4 months now. Started out Nordictracking, then some "Ripped in 30" and finally up to running (the C25K plan. Ow.).

I'm down three belt notches, 28 pounds, and feel great.

This morning I looked in the mirror, tightened up my blossoming abs, and gave myself a punch in the belly. It did the Jell-o thing, but not nearly as much as it did in January.

Then my 8yo son woke up. I was feeling goofy, so I gave myself another whack and said, "Look! I'm not nearly as jiggly as I was before!!"

And he rubbed his eyes and said, "Um. Yes, you are..."

Sigh. Me and Rodney Dangerfield, I'm tellin' ya.

So. It's friday. Got any good ones from your (or any) kids?

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine's sister was named Leah.

Her mother told her to go put on her leotards to wear with her nice dress.

While they were dressing Leah looks at her mom and says: Where are your mommy-tards? lol

She thought her mom had called them 'Leah-tards'...and that they were named after the ppl that wear them....hahahaha
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eh. What do kids know.
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    i tried on my old bathing suit from last year and thank god it was too big but my wonderful 22 year old daughter say---awwww mom you look like a regular woman in a bathing suit now. uhhh--thanks? :)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bwahahaha. These are great. My fave is from the other day. I had done a particularly er...invigorating workout. I was drenched in sweat, and collapsed in a chair. My son (who is 3 1/2) curled up next to me, leaned over, and VERY deliberately sniffed. He screwed up his face like he smelled something bad (well, I suppose he HAD just smelled something bad) and said, "Mommy, you smell buff." Best. Ever.
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    A friends daughter calls hand sanitizer "hanna-tizer"......I think that's cute :flowerforyou:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was doing my zumba workout and I said that I wanted to order the pants that the girls wear. My son (6) said "Mommy you need to lose ALOT of weight before you order them." Ahh. Thanks honey.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My grandaughter you see to the left is 2 1/2 when I ask her what her name is the replies.
    " Emma Jane Comeer" that is not her last name, but is what she hears alot :happy:
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    My nephew cracked me up last week when he asked his mum if Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was filmed on Pluto.

A bizarre question, so she said no and asked why he thought that.

He said it is where a lot of the characters are from.

She said 'what makes you think they are from Pluto?'.

He said 'Pluto is a dwarf planet'.

I was rolling around howling with laughter for ages after that!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shannonperry13
    Options
    this doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, but my 3 year old daughter brought me a fly swatter and told me to "flyce the flies mom!!" apparently she thought we were saying flyce water :) it was cute :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My nephew cracked me up last week when he asked his mum if Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was filmed on Pluto.

A bizarre question, so she said no and asked why he thought that.

He said it is where a lot of the characters are from.

She said 'what makes you think they are from Pluto?'.

He said 'Pluto is a dwarf planet'.

I was rolling around howling with laughter for ages after that!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha ohhh my gosh that's hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I was babysitting one time and the girls kept patting my belly and asking if I was pregnant... nope... >:(
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    bahahhahhaha .. I have two... one is every morning *I have been working out for a lil over 3 months now.. the baby goes.. mom look *workout* he is just under two and does this cute ninja yoga pose and then try to do push ups.. so does the 4 yr old ...

Then when I look through the success stories the older one will look at me.. and I guess he will see that I am sadish' and he'll go its okay mommy I love you, you are soooo fat. :) lol. it makes me laugh.

or because you are fat*

now if I want a straight answer I just ask them.. lol
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My Grandson, Noah is almost three.
    When he picked up his toys, I said

"Noah, you're a good boy!"

He turns and yells at me with veins coming out of his neck...

" AMMA, (thats what he calls me). I AM NOT GOOD BOY... I AM NOAH BIG BOY!!!!"

we are potty training so every time he goes in potty we call him a BIG BOY..
    Guess it stuck!!!
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    A friends daughter calls hand sanitizer "hanna-tizer"......I think that's cute :flowerforyou:
    My 6 yr old used to call it "hanna-tizer" too when she was a little younger. My youngest daughter asked for some "ann-tizer" the other day and my 6 yr old said "it is NOT "anna-tizer" its sanitizer!" I reminder her that she used to call it "hanna-tizer" and she said "oh mom, that sooooo long ago". (that was like 2 months ago)
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time with my 3-year-old nephew, and he is forever cracking me up. Recently, we were sitting outside a coffee shop on a gorgeous day. A guy walked by with an adorable boxer--not long ago, my sister also had a boxer-- and I drew my nephew's attention to the dog. Thinking of their dog Nixon, I said "Who does that puppy look like!?" His eyes and his smile both got really wide as he gasped and exclaimed: "Grandpa!!"

Yeah, not where I was going with that...
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends son has embarrassed me with those! Once in WalMart, we passed a woman who was larger than I was. I hardly noticed until he pointed at her and said "she is bigger than you!" He was only 3 at the time and I think it was more of an observation than a judgement but none the less I was more red faced than I have ever been!!! Last week (he's 5 now) at Cabelas, he asked if Dad could put a baby in my belly so we could buy the baby toys they had in the toy section.
  • Debsredsox
    Debsredsox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have recently started a blog for the stuff that comes out of my kids mouth as it seems to be nearly daily.

I was doing sit-up type things on a ball years ago.. he was maybe 3... at best and walks by slaps the crap out of my belly (was just wearing a sports bra and shorts) and says to me so matter of fact "you're no mermaid!" and kept on rollin out of the room.

He was maybe 3 again and I had said look little man... ya have to start wiping your own butt... I am only still doing this because I am probably going to have to have you wipe mine one day..... to which he replies "that'll take me all day, it is too big for one person to wipe!"

More recently, he is 6 now... he is walking to the car from me after picking him up from daycare and asks me, not how was your day, or what is for dinner but ... "so..... lose any weight today?"

And the last one I can think of this early in the day is just 3 days ago... he was telling me that I am not the skinniest of my sisters, but "I think you will be skinnier than Jen really soon Mommy." :)

I love that kid. My main motivation to keep on going... in everything. Have a great weekend all.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    my son use to call Jerk chicken chicken jerk
    and when he wanted us to hold him...he'd reach his arms out and say"hold you" instead of hold me.lol
    and couldnt say car he would say c*ck

one of his little girl friends use to call chalk c*ck
    and chocolate c*cklette.lol
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    one evening my husband and i were going out, i was all dressed up and feeling pretty good, my then 5 year old daughter came up to me and said " oh mummy you look beautiful in that, nobody would ever guess that you were so fat!!!" hmmmmm, is that a compliment? and i wasn't as big then as i am now, you'd think it would have been a wake up call!!
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My 4 yo was sitting on the toilet. DH was at one end of the house and I was at the other. The bathroom is in the middle of the house. He let out the loudest, most prolonged fart that echoed in the toilet. DH and I both said, "Are you okay?" Our little man replied, "I'm fine guys. Can't a guy pass gas in peace?!!?"
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My husband teases the kids (3 and 6) that he's going to eat them becaue they are tasty babies. He tells my son (3), "Come here, I'm going to eat you. YOu are delicious." He says, "No, daddy, I'm not 'licious."

My daughter says she needs "private seats" when she wants privacy.

Both the kids say "Bzombies" instead of zombies. Not sure why but it is pretty funny.