HELP!

Options

Replies

• midato
    midato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Girl first of all Pictures would help to see where you at, second as every one here says you need to eat more and tune you setting @ MFP so you can maintain your weight, I think the trick is you can eat more but those calories you eat extra of what MFP is asking for you burn exercising, if you ate 300 cals more then you burn 300 at the gym.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Really doubt pictures are relevant here. A person going from 160 to 120 through this kind of eating is going to look unhealthy. Pictures are irrelevant. Get medical help if you can't eat anymore that what you are eating, you are killing your body.
  • Zadie92
    Zadie92 Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't look unhealthy, and I don't feel unhealthy. I'll try to gradually increase my intake.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you are not eating enough to live. That is why your hair is falling out. You need help, help that you can't get on this site. If you are terrified to eat and you are eating so little, you need to see a doctor and a therapist of some sort. Please do this quickly. You are very young and I would hate to see this affect you the rest of your life.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    oh boy!
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    I don't look unhealthy, and I don't feel unhealthy. I'll try to gradually increase my intake.

Your hair is falling out. can't get a better sign of malnutrition than that. Just focus on getting calorie dense good foods into you if you cannot eat more physical food. And if you can't get to at least 1200 calories at some point, seriously consider seeing a doctor. If you don't have that for an appetite, or close to it, then something is just not right. (occasionally eating low is not a big deal, a habit of it, clearly a condition that needs to be looked at.)
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    Sweetie, you are not eating enough to live. That is why your hair is falling out. You need help, help that you can't get on this site. If you are terrified to eat and you are eating so little, you need to see a doctor and a therapist of some sort. Please do this quickly. You are very young and I would hate to see this affect you the rest of your life.

Agree ^^
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    Okay that's all I've got. I've said my peace and I hope you get it turned around or get help before your body suffers some real damage. I'm out.
  • Zadie92
    Zadie92 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your concerns. I know I may have been a bit extreme. I'm a determined person though, so when I set my mind to something (like losing weight 6 mo. ago) I really committed myself to it. It's hard for me to ease up a little. I will start to slowly eat more. No need to be so worried!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Please, please talk to someone today... A parent or close friend... About how you have been eating. I know you say you will start to ease up a little and slowly eat more, but I have had an eating disorder myself and I know that it's not as easy as you think. You may not want to categorize yourself as anorexic, but your behavior shows otherwise, and you might hate me or think I'm wrong, but you really need to look for help. To log your food and KNOW that you are eating only 300 calories a day, but not do anything about it until someone points it out to you.. That to me is really concerning. I don't want you to feel like you need to starve yourself in order to succeed at losing weight. Please talk to someone.

PS: As much as I said "I can fix it myself, I'll just start to eat more" it wasn't until I had a therapist that I actually started to improve.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your concerns. I know I may have been a bit extreme. I'm a determined person though, so when I set my mind to something (like losing weight 6 mo. ago) I really committed myself to it. It's hard for me to ease up a little. I will start to slowly eat more. No need to be so worried!

There IS a need to be worried. You should be eating atleast 4x the amount you are actually consuming. That and your hair is falling out! I honestly don't believe that you will start eating more either. If you posted on the forums its because you needed advice so take everyones advice and seek professional help. Theres only so much strangers on an internet forum to do to help and convince you.

This is textbook ED.
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Sounds like your calling out for attention. You need help. Please see a doctor or talk to someone in your family about it who will get you the help you need.
  • chetnabhatt
    chetnabhatt Posts: 77
    Options
    well dear..I would like to say its good for you have posted this here instead of keeping it to you. This way people are able to share their intellectual views with you. Look how many people are helping you come out of the situation. But its you, your best helper. If you don't act now you may place yourself in much more bad condition. All that we want is you listen to your precious body and up your intake.Be good to your body. Its not worth starving.:noway: Hope you post a new topic soon..letting us know that how good you feel eating more and healthy.:smile:
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Your diary breaks my heart. Please seek some professional help before you do permanent damage to yourself.

I was going to say the same thing. Darling you are literally starving yourself. I looked at your diary and keep thinking she CAN'T POSSIBLY eating this little daily. You need to see your Doctor IMMEDIATELY!!! You need to eat more, period. BUT you say you can't, this is a sign of an eating disorder. Darling you are what 20? There is nothing in this world that is so important that you starve yourself and lose your hair. Most certainly not your pant size. Please please please seek some help. You have an entire community that is here to help you, but you need professional medical help.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hair loss is your body telling you you're not eating enough. If you're terrified of eating more, you're dealing with an eating disorder. There are many women on this site who weigh less than you, are the same height and eat far more than you do.

Boost your calorie intake from 500 to 1200. Start adding exercise. Don't be alarmed if you gain a pound or two because you're been depriving your body of essential nutrients for so long, it will try to hold on to every calorie you eat.

If you keep up your 500 calorie diet, you're guaranteed to fail.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Take some vitamin B for hair/nails.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    1) get some help. You may not think you need help, but if you have so much guilt and feel like you fall into depression because you are not constantly losing and eating more than 300 calories it is a problem.

2) I am just under 5'1 and maintaining 113-115 lbs. eating 1300-1600 calories If you would like support feel free to add me.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to post because everything I have to say has already been said, but I think you need to hear it from as many people as possible. If you are truly unable to make yourself eat more, like 1000 calories more, please seek some help. It is a very dangerous path you are heading down and may be harder to come back from than you think.

Also, feel free to add me and take a look at my diary. I am 5' and 116 lbs and I am still losing weight eating at least 1300 calories/day.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

A number on the scale or looks don't often tell the whole story. People with bulimia (for instance), can look completely normal, not super thin, etc. Yet, they can also drop dead from what they're subjecting their body to. I'm not sure how you can say you don't feel unhealthy. Your hair is falling out. It's a sure sign that something is not right.

I know you said that you'll eat more, but it may not be that simple. Seek professional help. You said that you were determined to lose weight and you have done it, but there is a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it, and starving yourself is the wrong way to do it. It is unsustainable, you could hurt yourself, cause your organs to shut down, cause permanent damage, and even die from it. I have a friend with ED whose body is still all sorts of screwed up 20+ years later. You don't want to be like that.

Keep in mind that your body has been starved for nutrients, and has likely lowered your metabolic rate just to stay alive. This means that when you resume eating, you may put on a little weight. Don't worry about it. After you have repaired the damage you have done to your body, you can always get that weight off, the right way. Eating enough to nourish your body, but still at a calorie deficit, and exercising.

Good luck to you. Please keep posting, hopefully about progress.
  • jtandy6
    jtandy6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to face the fact that you might be doing something harmful to yourself - especially since you are so dedicated to your goal and want to achieve your weight loss objectives.

considering you have been exercising on your 300-calorie diet, i'm wondering if you are getting nauseated, dizzy, or even fainting when you work out? or even just when walking around or climbing some stairs during the day??
    if so, please think about what that is telling you. if your body is giving up, you need to consider that you are not fueling it properly.

i asked about the above because i actually did that to myself just a week ago. i was feeling guilty about bad eating and the next day i ate next to nothing AND tried to work out at max capacity. i fainted three times. and i have never fainted before in my life.
    this was a huge wake-up call for me that i cannot take my body for granted. food and rest are important. please be careful and safe. get help.