208 to 148 pounds

Options
angela828
angela828 Posts: 498 Member
I've been on MFP since Jan 2011 and have finally decided to switch to maintaining! I have my first dress fitting this month and my wedding is almost 2 months away so I want to stay where I am and continue on eating healthy, eating ENOUGH to maintain, and exercising!

Back before I started losing weight I was an unhappy 208 pound girl - hated exercise, loved junk food, and didn't understand why I was so unhappy. I got engaged and something CLICKED in my head - I don't want to be a fat girl in a wedding dress! Here I am now - 60 pounds lighter, stronger, more confident, healthier than I've ever been, and most of all HAPPY!

I did it for the dress, yes, but somewhere along the way I realized I needed to do this for bigger reasons - my life, my health, my future kids, and my fiance and our families. The dress is just an awesome bonus now :)

PS - I did this by exercising 4-7 days a week and changing my lifestyle. i eat everything in moderation but definitely have switched out a lot of the bad for the good. I do pilates 3x a week and have recently started C25K - I'm signed up for my first 5K run this July! I am a big fan of counting calories - it keeps me in check!

Since this is my official maintenance switch before my dress fittings/wedding, I wanted to REALLY share my progress - this is not my first success thread - back when I hit 150 pounds in December 2011 I made one but now that I've really worked on my body I wanted to show another one)

over 208 pounds (August 28, 2011 - my 23rd birthday!)
47231_574147751353_21203964_33083862_112607_n.jpg

January 2011 - right when it clicked. I think these photos have a lot to do with it!!
165195_546825460951_72000839_32046073_1139306_n.jpg

163678_547182580281_72000839_32052111_7940702_n.jpg

And now here I am at 148 pounds! excuse the undies !! really wanted to show off my new body but didn't want to look skanky!

Moderator Note: The OPs success is to be applauded and celebrated. Unfortunately, the success photo in this thread was not a match with our current photo guidelines. We encourage the OP to choose an alternate photo and post it later in this thread. Photo guidelines (item 12) can be found here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines . Again, sorry to interrupt the duly earned tide of support and congratulations.

Yes I have stretch marks..... and I am not ashamed of them. :)

And I got the pics to be bigger! :)

Replies

• Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!
  • Pneeleysmom
    Pneeleysmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I wish the pics were bigger! Congrats!! Such an inspiration!!!
  • alohagirl81
    Options
    You look amazing! Very inspiring!!
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    haha skanky... it's not skanky at all!!

you look great, thank you for posting these!!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • AmberElena
    AmberElena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Cnogratulations!!! :) That's an amazing accomplishment and takes lots of dedication. I had my 1st child, a baby girl on March 22, 2011 - although i'm 5'1'' and always been 105lbs - i gained 45lbs during my pregnancy and stayed at 116lbs from giving birth, until now. Although I am small framed, for my small body my thighs and baby fat belly are too big and most of it never went away. But now I am on myfitnesspal and following/counting my calorie intake and jogging/power walking 6 to 7 days a week for 30 - 45 minutes a day. I'm hoping to go from 116 to 105 or a bit less. But I don't really care about losing pounds, i want to gain muscle, tone, look and feel better - i don't really care what the scale says, i just want to see results and feel great!

Congrats on your accomplishment! Gives me lots of motivation!! :)
  • michelle_00
    michelle_00 Posts: 38
    Options
    I saw your pics. You look GREAT! Congrats girl :)
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look GREAT!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    AS THE MFP PRUDE (or atleast so I have been told) YOU DO NOT LOOK SKANKY...and these pictures of you showing progress are acceptable and you did it in a respectful manner. So show it proudly dear. You look awesome!
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    u look so amazing and ur story is so inspirational!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations, keep up the good work.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i freakin' love you! thank you so much for being my friend and always encouraging!

i seriously believe that without you and a couple of others on here, i would have slacked off... thank you for all you do for me! xo
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    WOW.. great job! You look great!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations cuz you are a whole new person!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Good job!!! No need to apologize if you did the work and are truly proud...flaunt away!!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You're adorable in all your pics, but now you can be adorable and skinny in your wedding dress, too!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can definitely see the progress in your pic. Keep it up :happy:
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!! Actually by seeing your pics and just reading your words, I can tell you are!!! Congrats on the wedding & most important, on your new healthy life together!!! You're a true inspiration!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! I will be proud to flaut mine as well. When I look like you do!! WOW.. I still have some weight to go but I am pretty short so it will take awhile but wow you look AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!