sensa

has anyone tried sensa as a diet aide..... i am thinking of trying it and just wanted to know if someone has already used it and how it worked for them...

thoughts please

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    4.gif<---- This

Please read this link.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5495808&page=1
  • Foxytrice
    Foxytrice Posts: 1 Member
    I have sensa and it actually works... however, what they don't tell you is that it will make you go to the bathroom a lot. AND you dont get the normal hunger pains when you start to feel hungry you feel like you haven't eaten in days! (that takes some getting use to)
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    A girl in my business classes used it as a primary diet aid and gained all the weight back when she got off of it. She said she could eat all the same foods, same amounts and lose weight.

So she never changed any of her habits.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    No offense but if you think sprinkling something bland or gross tasting on your food will make you eat less, just go outside, grab some dirt and put it on your food. Hey, it's from mother nature and it's free.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    My husband and I got a free trial from Sensa a couple years ago. After about 3-4 days of using it my husband ended up in the ER with very strange and very painful abdominal cramps and pains. He was in so much pain he was in tears and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong because all of his tests came back normal... WELL we stopped taking after that and he has never had any of those mysterious pains again. Not sure if it was from the Sensa but it was strange how he had never had any problems with his abdominals and then he uses that Sensa stuff and ends up in the ER in severe pain.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member

I read this and part of me wasn't surprised for there are so many fad diets out there and people will believe what they want. What I don't understand is how this gets to the public. My husband wanted to try this and I was like, "Why? So you can spend money on something that will not change the way you are eating, so when you stop using it, the weight will come back on..."

I have been on a diet yo yo my whole life because of the quick and fast ways to try and lose weight or be able to eat the same if you incorporate a magic pill or sprinkle. It hasnt been until recently that I told myself I have been overweight most of my life and if I do it by a life change, for it might take longer, but what is the difference of losing weight slowly versus being heavy most of my life or losing weight to gain it back.

I am one of those I dont judge what people do to lose weight, but here for advice and I dont get upset if its not taken.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    How about learning good eating and exercise habit. I agree with the post about the dirt. It is like putting a band-aid on the problem, taking it off and expecting miracles. I keep saying, slow and steady wins the race!! That is my two cents:)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    A girl in my business classes used it as a primary diet aid and gained all the weight back when she got off of it. She said she could eat all the same foods, same amounts and lose weight.

So she never changed any of her habits.

^^^^^^^ Many things work. Only changing your eating and exercise habits keeps working.

Slow and steady wins the race, and this race is for life.
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    The stuff is disgusting.

Please just use the wonderful free tools that My Fitness Pal has to offer.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    I saw a Sensa infomercial for the first time over the weekend and I thought I was watching an SNL skit. Not even joking.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    if you can work on changing eating habits (depending on what they are now) then go for it.
    It sounds the fear here is gaining it all back after you are done. I did something and lost 112lbs and managed to maintain 107 lbs of it off for over 9 months now. You have to work on changing what caused you to gain, for me it was an emotional attachment to food, boredom eating, and an addiction to the insulin spikes cause by eating a lot of sugar all the time.

Good luck!
  • has anyone tried sensa as a diet aide..... i am thinking of trying it and just wanted to know if someone has already used it and how it worked for them...

thoughts please
    You have already lost 13lbs on your own, so just keep up doing what you are doing now! This site is an amazing place to help you reach your goals! :)
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 253 Member
    My husband and I got a free trial from Sensa a couple years ago. After about 3-4 days of using it my husband ended up in the ER with very strange and very painful abdominal cramps and pains. He was in so much pain he was in tears and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong because all of his tests came back normal... WELL we stopped taking after that and he has never had any of those mysterious pains again. Not sure if it was from the Sensa but it was strange how he had never had any problems with his abdominals and then he uses that Sensa stuff and ends up in the ER in severe pain.

This. My mom had the same issues. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. She had multiple diagnostic tests and they couldn't find anything. Now that she has stopped using it she's much better
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    I wondered the same thing about SENSA. I checked out the reviews on AMAZON.com which were poor.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    please dont do it. i like how someone else put it. a lot of things work but only eating right and exercise KEEP working.it may not be as quick but things like sensa really worry me. we need to think about what we are putting into our bodies.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    It does not work. And if you claim that it does work, then you are not that smart.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    What is is supposed to do? Give you the greasy scoots like Ally? I've seen the ads, but never thought about how it's *supposed* to work. I don't believe that it does, just wonder what it's supposedly doing...
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Some how these fools got my phone number :mad:

There is a Sensa ad at the top of my page this very second----true story! Talk about timing!
    Anything that says your don't even have to do anythign but spinkle our magic tast elike **** dust on your food to drop all your weight- well they are full of bs!!!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    What is is supposed to do? Give you the greasy scoots like Ally? I've seen the ads, but never thought about how it's *supposed* to work. I don't believe that it does, just wonder what it's supposedly doing...

The theory is that it's enhancing your sense of taste and smell, and that you feel full sooner. Note that the website also suggests eating slowly to enjoy your (now-enhanced) food, stopping as soon as you start to feel full, and drinking lots of water.....my, what novel concepts....

That said, I did order some. Go ahead, judge me, I at least bought them off ebay for half the price and so that the company wouldn't have my credit card to auto-charge every month. I have changed my eating habits and I exercise regularly, but I regained 10lbs after illness/surgery and I have NOT been able to get them back off after MONTHS! So yes, in my desperation, I am trying something new. I'll be happy to post again in a few weeks with feedback, if anyone's curious.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    I tried it. Had very minimal weight loss results and I was eating right and not pigging out and expecting to lose weight. It can be difficult to remember to sprinkle your food with Sensa. After the trial, Sensa is very expensive! I would recommend a gym membership instead. Save your money.