Overweight Teacher Sincerely Trying

Options
Hi, I'm a teacher in Cedar Park, Tx. I am 217lbs today, post-children. Pre-children, I was 105lbs. I know I will never see 105lbs again, but I would at least like to see 150lbs. I am hoping to have this website motivate me by showing me in print what I'm actually eating, as well as finding new friends to help me along the journey. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    I live right by you off of Sunchase. Let me know if you ever need a walking buddy.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Great to have you - really commit to this site (and to yourself) and you will make it work. The supportive people on here are amazing!!! All the best.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    read all the newbie information if you haven't already, and def check out the before and after pics on the sucess story topic.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hello from Ohio! You've come to the right place.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 9 months now and we've done well.

You can do it too. :happy:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your weight-loss journey! I think you will find this site really easy to use, and very helpful. Look forward to seeing you in the message boards!
  • zippitydo
    Options
    Hi I work in Round Rock Texas as an Education Assistant at Teravista. I started at 249 and am now 200. I have 2 kids 9 and 6 and am 41 years old. Let me know if you want to chat.
    Jackie
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mommywannabe2011
    Options
    I'm a teacher too. I understand how hard it can be to lose weight and keep it off with all of the special events at school (there is always food there) and the staff room where people often bring in food to share. I have learned to arm myself with lots of filling fruits (for when I want something sweet) and protein. I still fall off the diet wagon now and then, but much less than I used to.:smile:
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I taught for a few years...

It is easy to get caught up gaining weight in the classroom... limited activity, tons of sugar sweets in the lounge, and the teacher gifts / parties are coming up too! Cafeteria food is not the healthiest options either....

So your career has you already with some strikes against you....

SUGGESTION:AVOID the teacher's lounge, there always seemed to be a birthday cake, or cookies or something sitting out that I would like to avoid.. as well as the trashy gossip I learned to loathe from there... pack a lunch....

Good luck and Best wishes otherwise...
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! :drinker: :bigsmile:
    YOU can do it too!!! YES!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

Good advice from Casper! Listen to him too! :tongue:
    Seriously.... this guy rocks it big time! :bigsmile: :heart: