What's for Lunch?

Options
Forgot my lunch at home so need a plan B... what's your best/healthiest take out meal suggestion?

Replies

• Siren_Teffy
    Siren_Teffy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get the book Eat this, not that! 2012 to have at work it gives lots of suggestions. If you tell me where u want to eat, I can look up the restaurant for you and give you some suggestions.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    hit the whole foods salad bar! theyve got some great stuff in it! everything from greens to proteins. and all organic (right?)
    and while you're there, grab a couple wings from the hot bar as well. goooood stuff.

now im hungry. ;)
  • amplahitko
    amplahitko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good standby is McDonald's bacon ranch salad with the grilled chicken. Sub their light balsamic viniagrette for the ranch, and add a yogurt parfait (sans granola packet). You'll eat the whole meal for around 410 calories, its healthy, indulgent b/c of the baconand cheese on the salad, and tasty!
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    Forgot mine, too! I'm going to hit Subway today for a Turkey on wheat with a ton of veggies. 280 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A Salad, Grilled Chicken, Baked Fish, Veggies, Brown Rice??
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Forgot mine, too! I'm going to hit Subway today for a Turkey on wheat with a ton of veggies. 280 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.

Subway!! Good Idea!
  • skullshank
    Options
    Good standby is McDonald's bacon ranch salad with the grilled chicken. Sub their light balsamic viniagrette for the ranch, and add a yogurt parfait (sans granola packet). You'll eat the whole meal for around 410 calories, its healthy, indulgent b/c of the baconand cheese on the salad, and tasty!

i have to wonder...how good for you is their grilled chicken? i honestly don't know so im not being a smart *kitten* :)

i have this perception that everything that comes out of that place is absolute crap.
    is it breast? or is it injection molded parts? sounds delicious but im wary of anything 'healthy' from that place.
    i could be way off though, so if i am...my bad. :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    All great suggestions!!

skullshank, I completely forgot about Whole Foods! There is one not too far from me - salad bar, here I come!!!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you have any mongolian BBQs around (Ghengis Khan is a mall food court one), they are pretty dang awesome for lunch! Today I'm going to a local (non-chain) one and I always get the same: thin sliced turkey, jalapenos, bean sprouts, cilantro, celery, tofu, cabbage, carrot, zucchini, broccoli, green bell peppers, some sprinkled seasame seeds and a little soy sauce. I skip all the sweet or sticky sauces that you can put with it and for a HUGE bowl of food, I calculated it at around 300calories.
  • skullshank
    Options
    All great suggestions!!

skullshank, I completely forgot about Whole Foods! There is one not too far from me - salad bar, here I come!!!

great choice!

how'd ya make out?
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I made out great!!! Went straight to the salad bar and used the balsamic vinegrette. So good! Definitely my new go to place for lunch!