Women, bras!

Options
CallieM15
CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
Whats your favorite type of bras?

All mine the underwire pokes into me after only a month... Does that mean they are too tight?

Anyone have a really comfy brand?

Edit: I wear a 38 C right now... Which I dont know if its correct, its what ive worn since about 15yrs old.

Replies

• lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I like Victoria Secret but I'd rather wear a sports bra or no bra! I like to feel free and so do the girls. lol
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret BioFit...I have 5 of them (including a strapless). I have never found a bra I loved so much!
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I only shop at Victoria's Secret. Their Body by Victoria and Biofit ones are the best. Totally worth the money if you ask me!
  • CallieM15
    Options
    I like Victoria Secret but I'd rather wear a sports bra or no bra! I like to feel free and so do the girls. lol

haha. i dont think I could do no bra, I live in alaska, and its a little chilly for that. ;)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When I was a D or a DD, Frederick's of Hollywood all the way. SUPER durable and comfy.

I am a C now :-( and trying different brands...
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Is it that the underwire pokes you? or that it's coming out of its lining? If it comes out of the lining it actually means the bra is too big (counter intuitive, I know)... but it breaks through from the friction of the bra moving because it doesn't fit snuggly... If the underwire is just poking you, try a demi bra... the underwires on those are smaller.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Was having that problem. I went to Soma and had a fitting. It fixed the problem. They were to big and cheap wal-mart brand. Got the new ones and love the feel. :flowerforyou:
  • CallieM15
    Options
    I only shop at Victoria's Secret. Their Body by Victoria and Biofit ones are the best. Totally worth the money if you ask me!

Biofit, alright, ill look there.

Im sick of these dumb bras that hurt.... Mine leave bruises. And they arent even overly tight, the wire just KILLS.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    MaidenForm Underwire, "Perfect T-Shirt Bra"

I got mine as a two pack from Costco, but you can find them at Kohl's etc.

LOVE!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret Incredible bra. Love it!
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    After a million times of trying to find the perfect bra, I found the Lilyette Minimizer. AAAHHHHHH!!! Comfort and support!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Dont' mind me, I'm here just to observe.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love my Walcoal bras. They are not inexpensive, but they are well worth the money. And they make all your clothes look great.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Body by Victoria full coverage. Never leave home without it.

I always wear underwire or I look saggy. Smaller boobs can get away with no underwire though and look great.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I get the pretty underwires and cut the underwire out.. then tighten up the straps.. they are very comfy that way and still do the job..
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of Victoria Secret bras. The wires have popped out of every one I've ever had. But maybe that's because I buy the cheapest ones they have. I'm a bit thrifty.

This probably won't help you much, but the ones I love come from Lane Bryant. They fit well, and they last forever. Haven't had a single wire poke me yet. Plus, they often run sales on them!
  • CallieM15
    Options
    Is it that the underwire pokes you? or that it's coming out of its lining? If it comes out of the lining it actually means the bra is too big (counter intuitive, I know)... but it breaks through from the friction of the bra moving because it doesn't fit snuggly... If the underwire is just poking you, try a demi bra... the underwires on those are smaller.

Its breaking though the fabric. No matter what bra I find. (We dont have VS here, but I can look online!) So im sure my bras arent greatly made.

And the underwire breaks though on both ends... Its not only middle, but sometimes its poking into my side, sometimes its into my chest... Its annoying.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you probably are wearing the wrong size as most of america is...

I cant hook the link up from work but go to "lindas online" and click on the bra calculator....It is going to give a you a size that u are probably not wearing. it is fairly accurate.

I wear a 30g or 32FFFF....these sizes sound odd...I CAN fit into a 34DD, but it does not fit right. I wore the wrong size for years and years. Once you get into a properly fitting bra you will NEVER go back! VS bras are rubbish IMO...they look cute but they do not EVER fit me correctly..maybe other girls ..but not I.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-sublime-3951-convertible-spacer-foam-bra/3066775

this is my alltime favorite bra, very natural, no shaping but has a wee bit of lining, no push up. Creates an overall natural look with subtle lift.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    When I was a D or a DD, Frederick's of Hollywood all the way. SUPER durable and comfy.

I am a C now :-( and trying different brands...

I used to work at playmates :D
  • CallieM15
    Options
    Dont' mind me, I'm here just to observe.

Figured most guys would click hoping for pictures...