30 Day Shred - Non Losers???

Options
I've been doing the 30 day shred for 13 (Level 2 day 30) days now and haven't lost any weight. I've kept within my calorie counts, but on some days i've been eating some of my exercise calories. I have stayed the same weight through the whole 13 days.... I even began adding running to it because I'm not seeing results. I'm using mainly 5 lb weights and have noticed that I am more toned than before which is awesome, but no weight loss. I know the number on the scale shouldn't matter, but has anybody else out there have this same result from doing 30DS?

Replies

• karenmiller81
    karenmiller81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes same thing happened to me. Even by the end, I think I had dropped maybe 2 pounds, but my body did look WAY more toned and I felt stronger. Also I lost inches. It bothered me at first, but then I got over it because being toned is good for you and, in my opinion, helps you look a lot better. We all know people who are very thin, but look flabby, know what I mean? I'd rather weigh a little more and be strong.
  • danihall32
    danihall32 Posts: 17
    Options
    i am on day 14 and have no lost any weight either, in fact i have gained!!!!!!!! i am getting very discouraged as well. I know they say muscle ways more than fat, but not seeing that number go down really aggitates me!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Did you take pictures and measurements? Those are better indicators when doing 30DS... There are SO many people who don't lose or lose very little, but their bodies change... a LOT...
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did you take pictures and measurements? Those are better indicators when doing 30DS... There are SO many people who don't lose or lose very little, but their bodies change... a LOT...

I did take pictures and I think I know what my measurements were when i started... but only did measurements a few days ago. I am going to keep with it though! Thanks! :)
  • volvol16
    Options

I did take pictures... not measurements. I'm sure I'll see a difference when it's all said and done. Just wondering if anyone had the same experience! :)
  • volvol16
    Options
    Yes same thing happened to me. Even by the end, I think I had dropped maybe 2 pounds, but my body did look WAY more toned and I felt stronger. Also I lost inches. It bothered me at first, but then I got over it because being toned is good for you and, in my opinion, helps you look a lot better. We all know people who are very thin, but look flabby, know what I mean? I'd rather weigh a little more and be strong.

Not that I'm happy you didn't lose weight, but I am glad someone is had the same experience as me. I am going to stick with it and I totally agree about your thin person statement. I don't really care about the number on the scale, but I do want to look good. I have a goal weight of 140, but I think that might just be a little too low for me. I'm not sure that's the right number to aim for. But then again, i don't even know what to look for when trying to figure out my goal weight.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I believe from experience and other posts that most people lose more in inches and become more toned then losing weight. I lost more inches and probably 5 pounds with 30 DS, but could see how more toned I was becoming. Then I moved to Ripped in 30.:bigsmile:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Okay. Here's my story.

I gained 2lbs and lost 2 inches at the end of 30DS. I was disappointed with the results (yes, I stayed within calories. Yes, I worked my BUTT off - even fainted one night! HAHA) but I figure my body is just stubborn and stupid so I let it go. :)

I would do the 30DS again because despite poor results on the scale and with the tape measure I FELT stronger!!!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Ignore the scale. Grab a tape measure and take progress photos. If your clothes feel looser and you feel better then you are succeeding.

Are you doing other workouts in addition to 30 DS? Are you doing the DVD everyday? I combine the shred (doing it every other day, sometimes two days in a row) with hiking and walking/jogging.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Not that I'm happy you didn't lose weight, but I am glad someone is had the same experience as me. I am going to stick with it and I totally agree about your thin person statement. I don't really care about the number on the scale, but I do want to look good. I have a goal weight of 140, but I think that might just be a little too low for me. I'm not sure that's the right number to aim for. But then again, i don't even know what to look for when trying to figure out my goal weight.

I'm going to have to look for it, but the other day, someone had posted a site that helps calculate what your goal weight should be by what body fat percent you would like to be. I'm right at 30 point something... I set it to be at 25% and it gave me a goal weight of 141, which is right in line with my 140 goal. I found the link...

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/
    You will need to know your body fat %, but you can figure that with some information input on the military body fat calculator found here:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Hope that helps!!!
  • volvol16
    Options

I'm going to have to look for it, but the other day, someone had posted a site that helps calculate what your goal weight should be by what body fat percent you would like to be. I'm right at 30 point something... I set it to be at 25% and it gave me a goal weight of 141, which is right in line with my 140 goal. I found the link...

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/
    You will need to know your body fat %, but you can figure that with some information input on the military body fat calculator found here:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Hope that helps!!!

How tall are you?
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I only lost a total of 3 lbs after doing it but my measurements went down nicely (especially waist, belly--no more muffin top) and my core felt so much stronger. I lost 2 lbs the first week (also the same week I started monitoring my calories) then gained them back during level 2, then lost 3 during level 3. Measure yourself once a week or so, because you will most likely tone up and lose inches. I think this is especially true if you do not have much to lose (from your ticker you are nearly at your goal weight--as am I). I haven't lost an ounce in nearly 2 months (since the end of the shred) even though I did ripped in 30 after the shred and now do alternate days of cardio/strength training for at least 40 minutes a day (most days close to an hour). I'm trying to stay focused on the measuring tape because unlike the scale, it is my friend. :smile: