Women, bras!

Options

Replies

• chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you asked this! I have been so excited to tell someone about my new bra's (other than hubby - lol). A few weeks ago I bought my first Wacoal bra. Friggin expensive, but they are sooo comfortable and they fit like I've never had a bra fit (and I'm 45). I just bought two more at Macy's yesterday because none of my bra's fit me anymore - one was $60 and the other $48, but it feels so good to be comfy and not have stuff coming out everywhere... lol. I did used to wear Victoria's Secret bra's, but love the Wacoals so much better! I have a wireless and two underwires from them. My other favorite is a Moving Comfort Maia - it's my sports bra and I wear it on my days I work out - also super comfy, but not as pretty.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38F I buy Catique from Lane Bryant
  • NatGnat
    NatGnat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've recently started buying bras from Aerie (American Eagle store for bras, panties, etc). They carry lots of 32Cs in store and have super comfy cute bras! Or maybe I just think they are comfy because they actually fit :) 32Cs are hard to find normally.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Handbras are the MOST comfy ones!!!!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    MaidenForm Underwire, "Perfect T-Shirt Bra"

I got mine as a two pack from Costco, but you can find them at Kohl's etc.

LOVE!

I bought that one really comfy for a DD bra. Except way to big now.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    MaidenForm Underwire, "Perfect T-Shirt Bra"

I got mine as a two pack from Costco, but you can find them at Kohl's etc.

LOVE!

Also LOVE! I get mine at a big box store for 17.99 a pop. No complaints so far and much better then any Victoria's secret bras I've owned.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Is it that the underwire pokes you? or that it's coming out of its lining? If it comes out of the lining it actually means the bra is too big (counter intuitive, I know)... but it breaks through from the friction of the bra moving because it doesn't fit snuggly... If the underwire is just poking you, try a demi bra... the underwires on those are smaller.

Its breaking though the fabric. No matter what bra I find. (We dont have VS here, but I can look online!) So im sure my bras arent greatly made.

And the underwire breaks though on both ends... Its not only middle, but sometimes its poking into my side, sometimes its into my chest... Its annoying.

try to find a place where you can get fitted. That will help a lot!
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options

Hi there, nice to meet you!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Hi there, nice to meet you!

LOL
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bali smooth U - love those!
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a place that can do a fitting to find out what size you really wear. Estimates are that 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size, and if you've been wearing the same size for that long, then it's highly likely that you are too (most women change sizes through different life stages). Find a place that specializes in fittings to find out what your size is (or google to find out how to do a really good fitting for yourself). If you wear a size that you can't find in a lot of stores, try herroom.com-- they do free returns, so you can try on and ship back if you don't like the fit of what you order.
  • QueenKatherineElizabeth
    Options
    Its worth the money to go to Victoria Secrets and get fitted. I believe I have the Body bra full coverage (not pushup) 36B
    It feels so great.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I've always been big chested. And no matter what, u have boob meat that hangs out of my bra's. :cry: I have never gotten fitted. So maybe I will do that and for my 25th birthday ( 6 weeks away) I will go buy some new bras!

& I did that Linda's online thing, and I'm only off by 1 size, I normally buy a 36/38 C, and it said I need to get a 40 C.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've always been big chested. And no matter what, u have boob meat that hangs out of my bra's. :cry: I have never gotten fitted. So maybe I will do that and for my 25th birthday ( 6 weeks away) I will go buy some new bras!

Get fitted and look for good full coverage bras. I love the Body by Victoria bras, but Fredericks makes some excellent ones as well for larger chested ladies. Avoid demi cups.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wear Agent Provocatuer which is a bit pricey but they carry my size. I can't fit in VS bras but when I could (like middle school), I found those to be pretty comfy. I did find one in Saks that wasn't as expensive as AP and super comfy, it's Chantelle brand. A good bra can make all the difference. Good luck!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I have 4 of the Victoria's Secret PINK wear everywhere push-up. They're 2/$40 so me and my sister usually each get one. But I really like them and they're comfy. Plus they don't have a lot of push-up in them so I don't feel awkward like if I were to wear the bombshell one. The only complaint is that one time the underwire was rubbing against my rib funny. But it was still in the bra? But it was only one time so I don't know what was going on.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am way overdue for a bra fitting (and even more overdue for buying new bras!). Last time I got measured I came out to a 42C, if I recall correctly; of course, that was about 20 lbs ago. Most of the bras I own have been bought at Lane Bryant, just because you can't find my bandsize in anything resembling a cute bra in a non-specialty store. Hopefully that's changed. ;D
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I get fitted at Macy's and I am in between sizes but they have great bras that I get there. I only wear under-wire and padded (not that I need it padded its just I dont like the feeling of it not being padded lol) but Macy's have great ones. I can't think of brand names but I get the bulk of my bras there and then I get some from Victoria Secret, which has great bras too.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If the wire is poking you, you may be a 38D or higher.