Depressed because I'm unwell and doing badly :"(

Options
2»

Replies

• norcalrv
    norcalrv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are not going to lose weight when you don't feel well. Got to get that under control first. Sounds like you feel absolutely horrible. I hate that! Take it easy and feel better. And then worry about weight loss.
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Just hang in there. I, too, got horribly sick just when I got my diet/training in order. Pissed me off so much.

Be prepared to be crazy weak after you recover. I was so frustrated the first week back at the gym because I could hardly do any cardio without hacking out a lung and could barely lift.

Keep at it though. Just wait, don't rush it. Better to be at 100% than go early and relapse.
  • therealjanelle
    Options
    Try some peppermint tea to help with your congestive discomfort. Both its anti-inflammatory properties and its status as a natural expectorant should help your lungs.

Otherwise, as everyone else has said, take this time to rest up and feel better. Trying to work out while being ill will only postpone your recovery.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Im just about in the same boat... I have the damn FLU!! Right now.. Ive been sick for about 4 days already and at first it was not so bad and I was still doin doubles of Insanity workotus just to catch up on a few days missed while I was in jail for 4 days :/... Then I come out and im freakin siick! I know how u feel, Like u want to workout but theres just NO WAY IN POSSIBLE HELL U CAN.. We just neeeeeed to rest up and make ourselves get well before we can get back to work :)

Looks like u have made awesome progress so far. so no worries u will b back in the game in no time :)
  • vickijay
    vickijay Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You have cheered me up loads :)

I'm not being silly with what I eat and I am still getting out twice a day as my horses still need to be mucked out and turned out and got back in because it's chucking it down with rain all the time at the moment. Even going there is suer exhausting and it's something I do every day!!!!!
  • vzexft19
    vzexft19 Posts: 9
    Options
    I really do understand whatyou meam by feeling depressed because ofyour illness. I have been from one sickness to another and felt like not tryingto loose any more weight.I have lost 145 lbs. and still trying to loose about 20 more lbs at least .I have hardening ofthe arteries of the brain,montinia dystrophy 1 and I am beginning to have more muscles issued.I want to do things and take a vacation which I haven't ben able to do because every time I make plans to go somewhere something go wrong with my body.I have degentive arthritis and have had fory different joint surgeries done. So as you can see things could be much worse These are my golden years.