I feel so hungry!

Options
My current calorie goal is 1500 calories. I have been on a slight plateau for about a month...then I lost a pound this week. I haven't been able to work out as much this week, and I have been trying to stay around my calorie goal, if not going over. I feel like I am starving! I have been eating my calories and it's been foods that typically are feeling to me. Why do I feel like I am starving myself? I have been at this calorie level for over a month and it's just been this past week or two I feel hungry.

Replies

• riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    PMS? I know I feel like a bottomless pit when it's around that time.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    lol no, it's not that few more weeks before that...
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe change up your caloric goal, eat more and workout a bit harder. Also add fiber everywhere you can. Benifiber to your water and munch on some protein bars to keep the hunger down. Sometimes by shocking your body out of a trend you loose more weight,so see if that helps ya
  • g0tta_lose_it
    Options
    I know how you feel! Sometimes it's a good idea to focus on they types of foods you eat. For example pick foods with a lot of fiber, and a lot of water. Fruit is always recommended for this reason, but veggies can be great when you're hungry. Pick ones that don't have too many carbs (so not peas or corn). Salad, cucumber, carrots, celery, green beans... Another food choice is protein. It takes the body longer to break down, so you feel full longer. Try chicken, turkey, beans, eggs (egg whites are amazing), nuts (just be careful because they're high in calories. And drink water! I hate drinking water, but I've been trying to drink more and it honestly does help.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    What do you eat?
    If you eat different foods that fill you up you might not feel so hungry.
    Have you tried low cal high protein foods? or a salad?
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    I've been trying to eat more protein, in fact this week is considered higher than what I should be getting... I ate a salad for lunch so we'll see how I feel in a bit.
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    do you take a weight loss supplement? I was taking Hydroxycut for women and found that I had to eat about every 2 hours! I stopped taking it and feel fine now.
  • mrsrood
    mrsrood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out fat2fit radio. Listen to a pod cast or two and see what you think. I don't know your stats but it normally suggest eating more than 1500 calories a day. If all you care about it fast weight loss you probably wont care for what they have to say. If you are looking to lose over time and keep it off then check them out.
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    No, I am not taking a weight loss supplement. Also, I am on a plan of one pound per week, so I would consider that slow. I had never heard of fat2fit radio. I will have to check it out.