low cal pancake recipes?

Options
.....so i am craving pancakes after watching adam richman on man v. food last night dig into a 4 pound 14 inch stack of blueberry pancakes lol. my inner fat girl came out and wanted to have some pancakes! i've been researching "healthy" pancake recipes all morning and i've found a couple that i think i may try, but of course i always turn to MFP first--

what is your favorite low cal healthy pancake? could you jot down the recipe and the nutritional info and send them my way?

thanks so much!! :)

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Swap 50% of the batter with either mashed up sweat potatoes or mashed up bananas.
  • plhv19
    plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've tried incorporating into my pancakes ingredients like oats, yogurt, whole wheat flour, applesauce. Not necessarily "low calorie" but way more bang for your buck than ingredients like oil and white flour.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I watched the same the show yesterday...and of course, now I want pancakes too!

I have recipe at home from Beachbody's Thin Kitchen recipe book for whole wheat pancakes. I can send it to you later.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    1 Banana
    1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats
    3 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    1 Tsp Molasses (optional)
    Cinnamon

Grind up oats in blender. Add rest of the ingredients. Makes 2-3 large pancakes. 393 Calories and 23g protein. They are awesome.
  • socalgirl68
    socalgirl68 Posts: 85
    Options
    1 1/4 cups gluten free oat flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 cup apple juice
    1/3 cup apple sauce
    1 egg
    2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
    Scant salt

In a medium size blow, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In a small blow, mix together the egg, apple juice, apple sauce, and coconut oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium to medium/high heat. Coat pan with oil to prevent sticking. Once pan is hot, pour pancakes using 1/4 cup measurements. Flip when bubbles form. Makes about 14 pancakes.

1 pancake=69 calories. If you want to add this to your diary. It is on the database called: Rachel's Recipe Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

ENJOY!
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options
    Aaaand, now I want pancakes lol
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    can't help with the pnacakes but watch man v food EVERY DAY!!!!
    Love that show. Makes me think ooh I could eat that then look how big it is and think acutally I wouldn't even think about it now!
    I even wonder how I would put it on MFP!:laugh:
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    1 cup cooked pureed sweet potato (or squash or any vegetable)
    4 eggs
    vanilla and Cinnamon

Blend and prepare like normal pancakes

OR
    (protein pancakes)
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup oats
    cinnamon and vanilla

Blend and prepare like regular pancakes
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i like doing either apple slices dipped in pancake batter and cooked like regular pancakes or the Cooking Light Coconut pancakes. you get two pancakes for 230 calories and i love them so much that i rarely eat any other kind. Sometimes i make the apple, orange, mango sauce to go on top or use sugar free syrup. LOVE both of these!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Fun show to watch. Usually not good food for dieting.

I usually make this pancake recipe from All recipes. It's about 100 calories each pancake. The calorie overload usually comes with the syrup. Don't just pour syrup from the bottle - measure it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pancakes-i/detail.aspx
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Or you could just enjoy the 'real deal', and workout a little longer. :)
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Or you could just enjoy the 'real deal', and workout a little longer. :)

I do work out.... like 6/7 days a week, but I still want to be able to not feel guilty :) Thanks for the suggestion though!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just use Hungry Jack Blueberry Wheat pancake mix. One serving is 1/3 cup (160 calories), and all you add to it is water. I usually do 2/3 cup and have an egg beaters omelet with it. They're sooo yummy! To control my obsession with butter and syrup, I measure a serving of sugar-free syrup in a small bowl; then I add a small amount of whipped butter and nuke it. I find I use far less of both this way. It's not an every day food, but it it's a nice treat that doesn't blow my calories out of the water!
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bump... Lovin the recipes. I was just thinking about this this morning. :)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I got my recipe from the Trader Joe's sight - I substitute skim/fat free milk and use applesauce instead of oil. I get 7 in a batch and they're 114 cals each.
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/whole-wheat-pancakes.html

Love love love this recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • sommerskins
    sommerskins Posts: 57
    Options
    I just use bisquick shake and pour ( 220 calories for 3, I do 1.5) and then I add some walnuts and 1/2 small banana and 2 tablespoons Organic Maple agave syrup from Trader Joes. Hits the spot and is under 300 calories.
  • loadedwords
    loadedwords Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes from http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-pancakes-43072
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 egg whites

1 Blend all ingredients in blender.
    2 Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook just like"silver dollar" pancakes, a few small ones at a time.
    3 Top with your favorite pancake topping!

I made these yesterday when I was really craving pancakes and they were pretty good. I was out of maple syrup so I topped them with vanilla yogurt.

The pancakes alone are 289 calories, 3g fat, 33g carb, 4g fiber, 32g protein. I used fat free cottage cheese.
    This also made a lot so you could probably half it if you wanted less.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I will either eat the real deal and save it for a heavy workout day or I'll make high protein pancakes 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup egg white, 1/2 cup oats.And top them with fruit and greek yogurt.
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options