is it possible to lose ten pounds by may 25th?

Options

Replies

• morganlachapelle
    Options
    Possible? Yes. Wise? Probably not.

Maybe you should gain 10 pounds? Look, there is one thing I think a lot of men would agree on. Men like boobs. At 100 pounds, you won't have much in the way of boobs, and as such, losing the 10 pounds won't make you more attractive or better looking, it may well do the opposite.

Why does she have to be doing it to physically appeal to men? Maybe she likes her small boobs. Maybe she's doing it for herself, not a man. Is that so impossible? PERHAPS she doesn't want to appeal to men.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can't think you really need to lose weight unless you're incredibly short. Why not have an intensive exercise programme to tone and gain muscle instead? That way you'll lose the inches and look lean and toned, which I suspect is what you want, with health gains instead of health risks. Underweight, unhealthy, and flabby isn't a good look!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    right now im a 112 and i really wanna be 102 by summer... can i do it safely?how?
    also, are there any tips on toning up and cellulite loss?thanks for your help:)

Of course it is possible. Unless you are 5 foot nothing, why would you need to lose weight might be worth considering.
    10% your body weight in 3 weeks. Many would advise against that as a plausible path to fitness either physically or mentally.
  • cassidy94
    cassidy94 Posts: 14
    Options
    you buy the rocks ill smoke em with ya!

Yep! I agree with this person. But seriously, HOW TALL ARE YOU?
    5 ft 2
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    also, for the past month or two, ive been on the 1200 calorie diet and 3 out of 7 days will binge eat...ive also been getting lazy with working out... i need help

well, fix yourself.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    you might be able to lose that much... but it would be in a healthy way and it won't stay off
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    uh, no...#thatisall
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not permanently
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. Wise? Probably not.

Maybe you should gain 10 pounds? Look, there is one thing I think a lot of men would agree on. Men like boobs. At 100 pounds, you won't have much in the way of boobs, and as such, losing the 10 pounds won't make you more attractive or better looking, it may well do the opposite.

i agree! but at the same time if losing that 10lbs will make you feel better go for it... but as you binge eat, it's not exactly realistic, why not go for 3-4 and get your diet in check, that's the bit i find the hardest anyway!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    i n the beggining you will drop mostly water, as a trainer the safe rate of average fatloss is 1-2lbs per week, 4-8lbs/mth anthing more then this the individual has really inplemented some strict type of restriction and i nthe long ru nyou just cant maintain, 3500 cals is 1 lb of fat, so creating a -500 cal deficit a day x 7 days a week =3500 cal=1 lb fat loss not including the cals burnt during activity.-Ty
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options
    102 lbs. for a 5'2" person is still on the "healthy" scale for BMI... but barely. I don't believe there is any healthy way to lose ten pounds in three weeks. You could try toning instead. You'll gain weight, but look better and still be healthy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    losing 10 lbs at that weight isn't possible in a few weeks. If you lose, it will be muscle and not fat. Fat is what is making you not have that ideal look for your body. YOu are better off upping your calories to 20% below your TDEE and do nothing but strength train. You will be able to cut 1-2% body fat by then if there is enough available. The bigger thing would be looking to add few lbs of muscle but even that will be difficult in that time frame as most women can only gain about 1/2-1 lb of muscle every two weeks. Below are two examples of what you can do if you add muscle.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat&page=2#posts-5441852
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Here's another way to look at it. I did some REALLY REALLY ROUGH calculations

Since your weight is 112 pounds, I just took a guess of your height of 5-4 just so I had something, i used a BMR calculator, so the exact number will vary. I rounded up to give a benefit of the doubt

Your BMR is about 1300,
    TDEE at 1.2*BRM would be 1600 about

In order to lose 10 lbs of non water weight, you are would need to burn 35000 calories more than you take in. In 20 days, that would mean you have to NET on average - 1750

To do this, you would have to STOP eating for the full 20 days, PLUS burn another 150 cals in exercise. If you wanted food at all, you would have to increase your exercise by that amount. I don't think not eating for 20 days would be very wise. So if you look at eating your 1200 calories a day, then you would have to exercise off 2950 calories at day. I actually don't know how long that is, as I don't exercise as much as I should, but I am guessing its a few hours of running every day, which would be really hard if you are only eating 1200 cals.

These were my random estimates because I am a little bit of a numbers nerd.

EDITED TO ADD: At 5 2, you would need to burn about 100 cals more than what I orginally posted above.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Possible? MAYBE and I say MAYBE because the smaller you are the slower the weight moves. Would it be healthy? Not at ALL! Your BMI is already on the lower end of healthy and dropping to 102 would put you borderline underweight. I'd say if you want to LOOK better, get your rear in gear, eat less junk, more fruits and veggies and protein and start lifting. It's stupid to base your looks off a number on a scale anyway... it's how you look and how you feel that matters. I've seen plenty of before/after pics where the after pics are nothing short of amazing... and they weigh MORE in them! It is because they lifted and dropped their body fat %. The number on the scale isn't the end-all. I just figured this out myself fairly recently and have been MUCH happier for it. All that said, good luck with your fitness goals! :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*
  • perfektfox
    perfektfox Posts: 8
    Options

Why does she have to be doing it to physically appeal to men? Maybe she likes her small boobs. Maybe she's doing it for herself, not a man. Is that so impossible? PERHAPS she doesn't want to appeal to men.

This post FTW.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    right now im a 112 and i really wanna be 102 by summer... can i do it safely?how?
    also, are there any tips on toning up and cellulite loss?thanks for your help:)

I'm about your height, and when I was 20, I was about your weight. Your weight is perfect for your height. Toning up, and losing weight are two different issues. If you want to firm & tone your body for a sexy swimsuit figure, focus on strength training and healty food choices.
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    you buy the rocks ill smoke em with ya!

Best. Answer. Ever.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    By one of your previous posts I suggest you speak with your doctor...

"im 17, 105 pounds, 5 ft 2, and looking to get down to about 100 pounds. i had been doing really well on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 or 3 months but then lost my period. i took that as a bad sign and told my mom about it. i then decided i had better lay off the whole 1200 calorie thing and started eating more. As crazy as it seemed i lost a pound or two more after raising my calorie intake. i got down to 101. here recently i weighed myself at 107, so i started back at the whole 1200 calorie thing. its not working out as well this time. i'll do good for 3 or 4 days and then totally binge on everything bad, and after feeling guilty eat very little the next few days! its been this really bad cycle and i don't know what to do. i know i probably have an eating disorder or body image problems but i can't help it. I've figured out that i think what i want is to be toned but i don't know how to do that and can't help but pay attention to the numbers on the scale. Any tips for a teen trying to to lose a pound or two and toning up?"

You cannot lose 10lbs of fat safely by May 25th. You are small as it is.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Not for someone so small unless you go on a complete dehydration kick, in which case, you'd be extremely likely to gain it all back extremely quickly.

Oh, and if you're looking to 'tone up' plan on *gaining* weight. You want muscle instead of fat. This too is something that is not going to happen in two and a half weeks.