is it possible to lose ten pounds by may 25th?

13»

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    May I ask why you want to lose exactly 10 pounds?
    Some people are "skinnyfat" and they feel like they need to lose weight in order to "fix" it. However that's not true. When they increase their muscle mass, the shape of their body can change dramatically. All they needed was weight training. If you are skinnyfat, start lifting weights and you'll see a huge difference.

Otherwise, you definitely don't need to lose 10 pounds at all, 112 sounds perfect. Since you are underage, speak to your doctor before consulting potentially crazy people on forums who majored in Bro-science lol.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Possible? Yes. Wise? Probably not.

Maybe you should gain 10 pounds? Look, there is one thing I think a lot of men would agree on. Men like boobs. At 100 pounds, you won't have much in the way of boobs, and as such, losing the 10 pounds won't make you more attractive or better looking, it may well do the opposite.

Why does she have to be doing it to physically appeal to men? Maybe she likes her small boobs. Maybe she's doing it for herself, not a man. Is that so impossible? PERHAPS she doesn't want to appeal to men.

LOL women who weigh 112 lbs & want to lose 10 lbs usually have a self image issues... stemming from male attention problems.

Even if she is doing it for herself... it's nice to get advice from a man & his advise was especially great :)
  • JennyTank
    JennyTank Posts: 41
    :) the berry! Im a loyal chivette and berry user. :) I check daily motivation and then hit the gym.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    By one of your previous posts I suggest you speak with your doctor...

"im 17, 105 pounds, 5 ft 2, and looking to get down to about 100 pounds. i had been doing really well on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 or 3 months but then lost my period. i took that as a bad sign and told my mom about it. i then decided i had better lay off the whole 1200 calorie thing and started eating more. As crazy as it seemed i lost a pound or two more after raising my calorie intake. i got down to 101. here recently i weighed myself at 107, so i started back at the whole 1200 calorie thing. its not working out as well this time. i'll do good for 3 or 4 days and then totally binge on everything bad, and after feeling guilty eat very little the next few days! its been this really bad cycle and i don't know what to do. i know i probably have an eating disorder or body image problems but i can't help it. I've figured out that i think what i want is to be toned but i don't know how to do that and can't help but pay attention to the numbers on the scale. Any tips for a teen trying to to lose a pound or two and toning up?"

You cannot lose 10lbs of fat safely by May 25th. You are small as it is.

Based on this above, I completely agree - talk to your doctor. There are likely other things going on here that you need help with. Good luck!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    By one of your previous posts I suggest you speak with your doctor...

"im 17, 105 pounds, 5 ft 2, and looking to get down to about 100 pounds. i had been doing really well on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 or 3 months but then lost my period. i took that as a bad sign and told my mom about it. i then decided i had better lay off the whole 1200 calorie thing and started eating more. As crazy as it seemed i lost a pound or two more after raising my calorie intake. i got down to 101. here recently i weighed myself at 107, so i started back at the whole 1200 calorie thing. its not working out as well this time. i'll do good for 3 or 4 days and then totally binge on everything bad, and after feeling guilty eat very little the next few days! its been this really bad cycle and i don't know what to do. i know i probably have an eating disorder or body image problems but i can't help it. I've figured out that i think what i want is to be toned but i don't know how to do that and can't help but pay attention to the numbers on the scale. Any tips for a teen trying to to lose a pound or two and toning up?"

You cannot lose 10lbs of fat safely by May 25th. You are small as it is.

If you lost your periods before when you were at that weight, you were underweight and your body was trying to tell you that! I would not recommend you try to lose weight! You could do yourself serious damage. I'm concerned for your health! Even your binges are warning signs! Maybe you should talk to your Mom again? Maybe you should talk to a professional?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    If you are 17, you should not be using this website.

And as everyone else has stated, seek medical attention.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    8 pounds = a human head

Just saying that is one way to go, but cutting off your head, would it really be worth it?