Clicking the mouse.

Options
Camille_Clifford
Camille_Clifford Posts: 8 Member
:blushing: I searched the forums, but couldn't find a thread that addressed this.

So here goes,

I've been living alone for the last 6 years and I've mostly been a shut in this whole time. When I was younger I was a "party girl", I lived the wild life, drinking, going to clubs, staying up all night. I had hundreds of friends, and I made a good living just partying. Then I got married and things changed. I wasn't hooking up with random guys anymore, just this one guy. And though it started out great, it eventually went sour. I put on weight, he wasn't attracted to me anymore, and he left me.

Since I no longer party, all the people i used to consider "friends" all left me. Those that i still had after my marriage were all my x-husband's friends too and, well, they don't talk to me anymore. I don't have to work because of royalties, so i just sit at home all day watching hentai. I never even get dressed anymore. What's the point?

Anyways, I'm trying to get into shape,, and get my diet under control. Exercise, however, is proving difficult. The only exercise I enjoy, in fact, the only exercise I've even done in the last 6 years besides walking to the fridge is...ah....self pleasure :blushing:

I searched on the exercise section and it doesn't seem to be listed. How many calories would 20 minutes burn? Does it make a difference If i'm sitting on the couch, laying in bed, or standing in the kitchen?

Should I buy a heart rate monitor?

Is this the right forum to post this in? "fun and games" seemed the most, um, fitting section. I hope this isn't against forum rules...

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's against forum rules, but I am curious as well!

You can create your own excercises. Maybe google it and see an approximation of what you're burning?
  • Camille_Clifford
    Options
    Thank you for your response! I didn't know you could design your own exercise, thank you. I am new here so I guess I've got a lot to learn.

Do you think a manual work-out burns more than using assistance? And if it does, does the toy's....uh, functions make a difference?

I'm fond of a rabbit, but it doesn't require as much work to get the job done as just, you know, flicking the bean.

I'm so sorry if this is too graphic. I just really need to know.

I did google it, but didn't come up with anything.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It would probably depend on the effort level... moderate or vigorous?
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Figures
    According to the calories burned calculator at HealthStatus, a 180 lb. man will burn 119 calories in an hour of foreplay, or just under 2 calories a minute, while he will bur
    Figures
    According to the calories burned calculator at HealthStatus, a 180 lb. man will burn 119 calories in an hour of foreplay, or just under 2 calories a minute, while he will burn 346 calories during an hour of intercourse, or just under 6 calories a minute. According to research data from the official journal of the American College of Sports Medicine, that means in terms of calories burned, foreplay is roughly equivalent to an hour of watering the lawn while sex is equivalent to raking the lawn. For someone weighing 130 lbs., the figures are 86 calories for foreplay and 250 for sex

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/236941-calories-burned-during-sexual-activity/#
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Invest in a heart rate monitor that tracks the calories you burn and you'll know for sure :smile:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @rmartin72: JINX!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    1. Polar FS3
    Image Courtesy of PricegrabberThis entry-level heart rate monitor is the perfect choice for the exerciser who doesn't want to fool with a lot of buttons during their workouts.

That IS a plus for this application!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Sounds to me you just need to find some motivation to start exercising again. Think about how it was when you were in good shape and just make some short term goals that you can accomplish and once you get them it gets a lot easier after that.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hmmm how long before this thread gets locked?? LOL. You could just consider it a bonus exercise.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba.
  • Camille_Clifford
    Options
    Hmmm how long before this thread gets locked?? LOL. You could just consider it a bonus exercise.

locked? What does that mean?

and thank you so much on the suggestions for the heart rate monitors. Someone at the Y suggested one but I was hesitant because I don't know anything about them.
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    If someone considers your post "breaking the rules" they will report you and a moderator will lock this board so no one else can say anything. Yesterday they were locking boards left and right. It just depends how crabby everyone is today. :-)
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    I just have a cheap heart rate monitor from Amazon. It is a Pyle.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm not to up to date on the equipment you are using? What brand? And how many functions does it have?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Beware the censorship police! :smile:
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    OMG.........i am now literally OTFLMAO with tears in my eyes :sad: ..you guys rock and this has sooooo made my friday:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    OMG.........i am now literally OTFLMAO with tears in my eyes :sad: ..you guys rock and this has sooooo made my friday:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's really not nice to laugh. ms. clifford is new to the forums and she's really sweet. It's a big step for her to ask these questions. Takes guts.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    If you were doing it regularly before I wouldn't count it as exercise and seriously how much energy could you be putting into this? Heart rate goes up a little and that is about it.