How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Like the other poster, I don't let the fluctuations bother me too much as long as there is an overall downward trend.

I log once a week or less.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh for myself every day, but I only log it in MFP once a week. I like to see how it fluctuates, and I'm tracking it on a spreadsheet so that I get an idea of how everything affects those daily fluctuations.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Used to weigh multiple times a day. Haven't weighed myself, or had a desire to do so, for 52 days & counting. I've found how my clothes fit & how I feel to be a better measure of my success rather than the scale. I threw my scale out the day I saw I gained 7 pounds yet my work pants were too big for the first time ever :drinker:
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    Twice a month! First and last day of each month (includes body measurement as well). I used to weigh twice a week in March and April, which showed me I was gaining weight despite losing inches. It made me crazy even though I know not to rely solely on what the scale says.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself everyday or every other day, but I only really care about what it says on weigh in day and log it once a week! :) I really wanna stop weighing all the time though because sometimes it affects my mood!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself (naked) every Friday morning before I shower.

I try not to take it too seriously, but I am very fearful about gaining weight mainly because I lost a lot of weight my last couple of years in college just to gain it all back after I got married. I want to maintain my weight at about 140 lbs. so I'm paranoid to eat over my calories allotted. I run 10 miles 4 days a week and have a day at 13 miles (around 7:30 minute mile pace; training for my first marathon in December). Luckily even with a couple of days a week being over allotted calories I seem to stay right around 139 lbs. - 142 lbs (which I am assuming is more water weight than anything).
    That is exactly the weight I am going for.
    Once I get to it, I won't be counting calories anymore.
    With your metabolism, surely you won't have a problem!
    I Love to exercise. Thanks for sharing.
  • angrydolly
    angrydolly Posts: 22
    Options
    few times throughout the week, whenever I feel like stepping on the scale at the gym.

Not to drive myself insane or anything, but it's amusing to see how it fluctuates. Once in a while I weigh myself before i pee and then after just for giggles.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Too damn much.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    before and after I poo. :)
    sometimes I weigh more after... strange!!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    i do a few days a week when i wake up. i try to stick to every monday but i get excited if i think i've had a few good days, i can't help myself. :)
    I know the feeling! And I am making myself WAIT, but using the motivation to keep working and making improvements...hopefully this will give me encouraging results on the scale this coming Monday! :)MinMin
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing. I just always keep in mind that it will go up and down a little from time to time just because...
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself roughly every week, but sometimes I go to the gym and can't help but go look.
    I don't take it too seriously, I just want to see if my body's changing. I look at my reflection in the mirror more than anything. Also, I don't know if this is weird or if anyone else does this, but I run my hands up and down my body, feeling the curves. I feel like that gives me a better idea of how my body's doing, since I know my body better than anyone.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Usually on Friday and Monday but only log in whatever comes up on Monday.
    That's a good idea, too! Tempting...... No, I will WAIT! :)MinMin
  • beccaguinness
    beccaguinness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i log once a week but will hop on the scales in between if the mood takes me x
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only log when I've had a consistent loss because it goes up and down everyday. I like to weigh myself everyday to see if my choices are affecting me before a week goes by.
  • Greeneyz64
    Greeneyz64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning. I know I probably shouldn't because I can gain two lbs of water over night if I've had too much salt that day, so it's always a roller coaster ride :(
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself everyday or every other day, but I only really care about what it says on weigh in day and log it once a week! :) I really wanna stop weighing all the time though because sometimes it affects my mood!
    Indeed! That's why I use the desire to weigh more often to motivate me to work hard so I get a good result at the scale :)MinMin
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning. I know I probably shouldn't because I can gain two lbs of water over night if I've had too much salt that day, so it's always a roller coaster ride :(
    Exactly! :)
  • Meggie1045
    Meggie1045 Posts: 20
    Options
    Every Sunday morning!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week. I weigh everyday now. I can handle the fluctuations because I understand how my body works. There are however, other things more important than the scales, inches being one of those.

:smile: